What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got up early to tame more of my yard. The part I didn't finish last weekend really took off with all the rain we've been getting.

Managed to get this much done, ripped through all 3 batteries. (5, 3, and 2 AH)
IMG_20170617_100554.jpg

Still have this much left, may try to get it done this evening, or do it tomorrow morning.
IMG_20170617_100615.jpg

Now about to shower and get a fresh shave. Have a lunch date in a few hours with an old friend. We'll see if things can move past that and to another level. wish.GIF

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
After lunch, we decided to go to the movies and saw It Comes at Night. Epic FAIL of a movie, we were expecting some sort of ghost/demon/monster/alien type of movie, and it was more along the lines of Blair Witch, and Cloverfield where nothing is really going on. There were maybe a dozen other people in the theater with us, and all had the same reaction when the lights came on afterwards. ":confused: WTF did we just watch?"

Dropped her off, as she has some preparation to do for some father's day activities tomorrow, but as I pulled into my garage, she called me back and asked if I wanted to hang out more this evening. :biggrin: So yeah, things went well, despite a crappy movie. :2thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Working an evening shift.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Spent the day with some of my Scouts launching water bottle rockets and model rockets.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
My family left for Ocean City this morning and will be back next Saturday. I'm playing golf in an hour, then getting something in the crock pot for dinner and working at Lowe's this arvo.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Graveyard shift :diggrave:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At work. Weekend went too fast.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Struggling through with a summer cold.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Cut down three more ash trees on my property, the Emerald ash borers are starting to take hold here in WNY.......bastards!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
They're a problem here too unfortunately.

Working an OT night shift.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
All my ash trees have been dead for years. Park nearby has finally started chopping down the dead trees. Most of the trees there were ash and it was looking terrible.

Just at work today, then going to mow tonight. Way overdue, but weather and/or schedule hasn't worked out.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working it in the cube

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
20170628_212142.jpg
"What? It's just a tune-up"

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nursing a sore back :cry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Starting a 4 day weekend, and trying to setup a dinner date, but someone is being extra indecisive right now. Would be much easier to be patient if I wasn't starving. :hopeless:

Nursing a sore back :cry:

Been there (often), done that. Hope it doesn't last long.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back in the cube after a nice hiatus.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Back in the cube after a nice hiatus.

Back in the cube for a couple of days.

Ditto. All hell broke loose over the weekend, and multiplied like gremlins running through a lawn sprinkler Monday and Tuesday.

Gonna be playing catch up for the next day or so, since the boss is out all week. Yay!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
LOL, I hear ya! seems like something just got let go of.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Not today but Tuesday...

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Trying to persuade myself to go to Kenny-u-pull to get an ABS module for my son's Silvy. Need breakfast...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If you were closer I'd just fix your ABS computer for you if it the fault I think it is.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If you were closer I'd just fix your ABS computer for you if it the fault I think it is.

Nah, it was FUBAR'd by an incorrect brake line fitting stripping the threads.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Today I'm ordering spark plugs to celebrate the big 100k. Power steering lines are soon to come, I just need to sack up and put them in my cart.

I drove 1,500 miles over the weekend almost without incident. I had a "little" mishap where the trans kicked down into 2nd and never came out of it. I had this happen once before and cycling the ignition fixed it, but this time no luck.
I limped home in 2nd and pulled the battery, then noticed all 3 of my PCM connectors were loose!
I tightened them and haven't had an issue since. Let's hope that was the cause of all of my little intermittent electronic issues, like the "half start" where the engine tries to idle at like 400rpm. Yikes.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Freaking out man....

Life can be a real bitch sometimes

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Was gonna cut the grass this morning, but decided to rake all the leaves that accumulated under the small trees and in the corners of the fences. Tons of ant colonies under them too. After filling 6 bags, decided that was enough outside time.

Have spent the last 90 minutes downloading my Photobucket content. Damn that's a lot of pics! :eek:

Reactions: Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hanging w kids while wife is working

Reactions: Mooseman

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
20170708_185140.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Finished grabbing all my content off Photobucket, starting to make corrections to my article write ups.

Fixing my retrofit build thread, and the LED mod thread may require some cocktails... :ugh:

HizAndHerz

Oct 28, 2013
Winding down my trip visiting my eldest son and his wife. Awesome 4-day mini-vacation in LA. We did lots of touristy stuff and had a ball. Flying back to Houston in about an hour. Back to reality refreshed with a new perspective.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Ridiculous day lol.

House AC stopped cooling. Outside unit just humming, fan nor compressor running. Great. Tear into that and the capacitor charge wire burnt off. Funny what 220 will do to a wire.

Screenshot_2017-07-09-22-23-55-1.png

No big deal, ran to Lowes and bought the appropriate spade connectors and a foot of 10 gauge wire. Got 5 miles from home on the way back and smelled coolant, noticed temp around 230 on torque and eased it another mile to my road and pulled over (in the mustang, not TB). Instant cloud of steam and didn't stop for 5 solid minutes. Great. Broke down on the side of the road in the dark.

Screenshot_2017-07-09-22-24-15-1.png

Called brother and got him on the way for a possible parts run. While waiting found that it had blown the same heater hose I had replaced about a year ago. Luckily I had my tool box with me and even had left over hose from the previous repair to fix it again. Had brother run to get coolant water and a knife from the house and I was back up and running in 15 minutes.

Then once home took another 10 minutes to fix the AC.

Not my day.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
A long day of manual labor. Drove across town to help a friend install some cabinets in his garage. Took us a while, but after that crash course, now I know how to do it, should I choose to do so in my own garage later :undecided: :thumbsup:

Loaded up his existing washer and dryer set in his pick up, and helped install his favorite set in the house. I knew they'd be heavy, but that washer... Sheesh! Got them back to my place, had a slight mixup getting the washer out, so it has a battle dent on the side now. Also, the old dryer had the 3 prong plug, this one had a 4 prong. :mad: Ended up stealing the 3 prong plug from the old washer and rewiring it into the newer one. Will have to address the old one before I sell it later.

IMG_20170716_191848.jpg

The height is actually perfect since I'm tall. The openings are right about elbow height, so I don't have to do any bending over to load or unload them. Those of you who have shared the joys of back pain feel me on this one! :cool:

ETA: After running a load through, they may need to come down a bit. While the load height is great, the tray for the soap/bleach/fabric softener is right at eye level. So a tad difficult to read, and makes pouring stuff in slightly inconvenient. Should I ever get to the point of having someone here that needs to do laundry, this ain't gonna work for them :tongue:

Last edited:

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Don't mean to rain on the parade with your "lifted" washer setup at all... but you know those don't NEED to be that high off the floor right?
I have never seen anyone lift them higher than those drawer bases put them...unless you count if there's a "raised/curbed" area.. garage, basement or otherwise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.