What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Cut my own hair as usual, but this time I said eff it, it's way too hot so i'm gonna rock a short Mohawk! I think i'm gonna keep it like this for a long while.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finally swapped the winter tires off the wife's CR-V and at the same time, replaced the parking brake shoes with ACDelco as the cheap chinesium ones I put in sucked and didn't hold the car on a slight incline. Still doesn't hold that well but they're a bit better. Might need to be bedded in more. The ones I took off only had wear in the middle of the linings. Also saw the inner pads were getting worn down but everything was normal. Will try to find better pads.

Reactions: Capote

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got the washer and dryer today, cleaned them up a bit and hooked them up. One of the hoses I had leaked badly, but luckily there was a spare one hanging in a tree in the back yard. (I'm not kidding) Ran to the hardware store to pick up a piece of dryer duct, and got that hooked up. Ran a couple of loads through, and called it good.

Quick trip to the grocery store for a few things, and spent most of the afternoon relaxing on the couch. Tinkered on the truck for a bit this evening once the garage cooled down, now enjoying a cocktail while watching the NBA playoffs.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just chillin' before another night shift.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At work.

On Saturday I got power fully restored to my kitchen. Made a mess of my electrical panel but at least got more circuits on proper breakers. Eventually I'll totally rewire the panel to clean it up because right now the cover won't even fit properly lol. But hey... gotta live up to my nick somehow right
zx11shocked_zpsdfac430b.gif

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
in da cube

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Woke up at 12 after night shift. Just chillin'.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Headed home to build some raised garden beds

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cubical

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At work going nuts because stuff all broke

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just came back from dentist, car wash and swapping the grill. Now restin' before a stretch of 3 overtime night shifts. Great money but hard on the body.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Acquired braided wire sleeving for future mods, not sure as to what I'll use it on yet. I have access to a large supply though of various colors and widths.
IMG_20170523_195034.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I could use some of that on my synthetic winch line. I usually run about 10 feet on drom and 10 feet on end but need to swap it out. What kinda colors and price if you want to share, PM me.

Today is a rainy cube day, but actually got some interesting stuff to review

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Will be trying to sleep some more before another OT shift tonight.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got 3 of 4 under cabinet LED lights fully hooked up. Full custom ones with 2835 LEDs, this time in proper aluminum channels with diffuser lenses. They look much better both from an aesthetic and lighting standpoint than the bare 5050 LED strips I had in there previously. Nice finished look.

Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got 3 of 4 under cabinet LED lights fully hooked up. Full custom ones with 2835 LEDs, this time in proper aluminum channels with diffuser lenses. They look much better both from an aesthetic and lighting standpoint than the bare 5050 LED strips I had in there previously. Nice finished look.

Umm, can you fix your pic, it's not loading :poke: :tongue:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My internet has gone to utter crap the last couple of days. Taking me a good minute+ to load a simple web page. Forget uploading stuff! And I'm trying to do remote work. This sucks. I'll post pics later.

Reactions: tsmith1156

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the dry cube and glad i am not out in this rain

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Ok some pictures from last night:

20170524_225337_zpsj9pqeiau.jpg

20170524_225326_zpsbdcfzd8p.jpg

20170524_225352_zpspkz9uwyr.jpg

20170524_225401_zpst4xpldkr.jpg

20170524_225427_zpsukjdz85b.jpg

20170524_225437_zpsuc8psedm.jpg

Obviously the wall is still a work in progress lol

Today I'm just back at work as usual, nothing special going on. Yet.

HizAndHerz

Oct 28, 2013
Took two vacation days, Thursday and Friday, to work on vehicles (I own 9 cars and trucks to keep my large family going to work and to school). Its time to get these cars on the road or get them sold!

The 9-7x will be back on the road today or tomorrow. Just need to get the exhaust, crossmembers, transfer case and driveshafts back in.

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Pretty run of the mill day at work. Came home and spread about 30 pounds of pesticide granules on my sorry excuse for a lawn, that has ant mountain ranges scattered all over the place. Hopefully by the time my patchy grass gets high enough to require mowing, I won't have to worry about overlooking a fire ant hill and have a really bad day. :ugh:

Now I'm on the couch, waiting for hoops to come on, and researching tools. Can never have enough tools! :cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I wish I was outside, but in the cube on the sunny day before the rain comes back

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
My 3 and a half day weekend has officially begun. Currently sitting on my couch trying to figure out what to do with all this free time for the next few days. Thinking a beach visit may be in order, since it's been nice and hot lately. :undecided:

Been eyeballing 4K TVs (again) think I may pull the trigger on one, and rotate down my TV stock. Got word from one of the office managers, that I won a raffle for one of the office desks that I liked. So my home office will look a little more like an office with a wood L shaped desk, rather than my old kitchen table. The 32" in my bedroom now, would look good wall mounted above the desk. The 55" in my living room should work well for the bedroom, since it's kind of a long room, and could be placed a proper distance from the end of the bed. :yes:

My mod bug will be busy this summer it seems. :biggrin:

Reactions: rizzo20

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Took a half day today. Picked up a friend's trailer to take my old riding mower to my other brother. Noticed the tires looked worn funny... I'm gonna have a chat with my friend, he has had the tires at friggin 25 psi and the shoulders on the tires are worn way down :rolleyes: Pumped up to 60psi where they should be for this trailer, they should be fine, but dang what's wrong with him lol.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ordered some more SS ebony interior parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online