What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just relaxing today. Son's home for the weekend, replacing a wheel hub on his Sierra (needed dad's help :biggrin:). Working a night shift later so will probably have a snooze after lunch.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Night shift :diggrave:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
2nd night shift :diggrave:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Watching the pro bowl. And being disappointed because these players aren't even trying.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work crap

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
cube. looking at truck parts and researching golf so I can play with the boss. Brown nosing a little. I'm a billiard player.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At work, trying to solve some weird issues, and also looking at other phone service (again) since the prepaid AT&T service I got sucks in the two places I'm at the majority of the time. Would mean buying yet another phone, but I shouldn't have much of an issue selling the ones I have now. I had to get something fast so I didn't lose my phone number, and what I picked wasn't good apparently!

Sprint - passable
T-Mobile - horrendous
AT&T - bad
Verizon - TBD

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Verizon - TBD

Last time I was at your place I had Verizon and it worked just fine with good signal...we switched to AT&T because big red has gotten stupidly expensive.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I know, that's the issue. Looking at other services that utilize the Verizon network (like how I have Net10 on ATT towers at the moment, for example).

Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Heading out the door to sled1.gif

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
At work, trying to solve some weird issues, and also looking at other phone service (again) since the prepaid AT&T service I got sucks in the two places I'm at the majority of the time. Would mean buying yet another phone, but I shouldn't have much of an issue selling the ones I have now. I had to get something fast so I didn't lose my phone number, and what I picked wasn't good apparently!

Sprint - passable
T-Mobile - horrendous
AT&T - bad
Verizon - TBD
You can always get a signal booster...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Researching Tort Claims and lawyers to sue the city after the conversation with the mayor. Seems he fully expects me to sue and is ok with it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Researching Tort Claims and lawyers to sue the city after the conversation with the mayor. Seems he fully expects me to sue and is ok with it.

What's that? What did they do to you?

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Cube

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I'm guessing that you hit a "giant pot hole" that tore the wheel off of your TB :undecided:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
What's that? What did they do to you?

Proper channel to file suit against a municipality for damages. They sleeved a sewer line reducing flow, failed to maintain the system, never had studies to ensure system remained adequate. Their negligence cost me about $13,500 in destruction and loss and repair on my newly refinished basement.

When only the two houses at the top of the hill at the end of the sewer line get flooded....they failed. If everyone got it, its just a raw deal, but when they directly can be attributed the cause of the back-up....they are liable.

SO...Today I continue the fight. Involving a senior council member and the mayor and the building inspector to see if we can avoid the lawsuit or if I need the lawsuit to begin mediation. I do not think they want a trial and the pictures of my childrens toys floating in sewage on the front page of the paper.

Reactions: RTTBLT1 and Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Having some father and son time, going on a ride.
sled1-gif.80065
sled1-gif.80065

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Proper channel to file suit against a municipality for damages. They sleeved a sewer line reducing flow, failed to maintain the system, never had studies to ensure system remained adequate. Their negligence cost me about $13,500 in destruction and loss and repair on my newly refinished basement.

Ahhh. Funny, I work for the County Sewer Department. :biggrin: Sounds like something the City of Akron would do over here.

Reactions: RTTBLT1

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Pretending to work til I feel it safe to sneak out.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
End of a long week, I think I deserve a few adult beverages with dinner. Had to stop by the Brighthouse, err, I mean Spectrum, office on the way home. My modem had been dropping the internet, causing me to have to reset it almost daily. :mad: The replacement, is like twice as big. Dunno WTH makes this newer version "better" from what the guy told me. I run it in bridged mode, so probably won't matter at all.

Chained to the desk, no work truck for another week.

At least you weren't chained to the truck, that woulda ended WAY worse! :laugh:

Reactions: smt 59

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You rent a modem? Why? That thing is like 10 bucks a month. Just buy you're own. An Arris SB6141 is like 70 bucks from Amazon.

Today I went to my grandfather's 100th birthday party. He's seen a lot in his time, that's for sure.

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got a few errands to run today before heading to a friend's place for a SB party. Hopefully it's a good game, expecting a lot of offense. :biggrin:

You rent a modem? Why? That thing is like 10 bucks a month. Just buy you're own. An Arris SB6141 is like 70 bucks from Amazon.

I already have 2 that I've bought previously that this provider doesn't support. When I moved into the place I'm renting now, I was hoping it would be relatively short term as I've been looking to buy for a hot minute now. Due to the age of the neighborhood and all the water surrounding it, no fiber optic cables in the ground, so there was only 1 provider for service. :mad: Hopefully I can find a good house soon, so I can switch back to the provider I like, and use the hardware I've already got. :thumbsup:

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Work, work, work...

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Cube, doing absolutely nothing.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just chillin' before night shift.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Been in the cube all day. Had to do some data recover and rebuild stuff on my MDT server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.