ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome to GMTNation.com! Here's the story...

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Welcome to everyone making the trip over. Thanks to everyone for the hard work and dedication that you show to this site and to us as the vehicle owners. I have learned so much over the past couple of years and I am certainly grateful for it. You folks are the reason that my truck has 240k miles, and why I expect to see many more miles in the future. Thank you for all that you do!

If someone can adjust my signature on TV I would gladly help spread the word!

Foz

Dec 4, 2011
Wasnt on TV for long as i just bought my TB in october but the site was one of the main resources of research for me. It's to bad that its gotten that bad over there, but glad to see the main cogs of the site starting new and fresh here. Thanx to you for the info and inspiration on my TB! :hail:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Time to cut some dead weight. Free and clear... :biggrin:

Attachments

• No Subs.jpg
    No Subs.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 27

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
But we're still douchebags it seems. Sigh....

YOU HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL TO ME AND IM GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE ROADIE!:smile:

DenaliHD66

Dec 4, 2011
I keep getting email notices of every reply in the threads I have posted in. I thought I turned off everything in my preferences, but what else am I missing? Can't seem to find the preference that turns that feature off.

StvsDenaliXL

Nov 21, 2011
Well, thank you for all the hard work that has been put into this site to get it up and running and working for enthusiasts and not for a corporation :thumbsup:...I'm glad that we can actually use tapatalk now and don't have to deal with the mass ad spam we where hit with at the OS. I'm glad to see a lot of familiar names over here and can't wait to start having some get togethers.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
DenaliHD66 said:
I keep getting email notices of every reply in the threads I have posted in. I thought I turned off everything in my preferences, but what else am I missing? Can't seem to find the preference that turns that feature off.

Adjust your subscribe settings. It is set to auto subscribe to threads that you post in. You need to turn that off, and then to to your subscribed threads folder and delete all of the threads out of there.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks Jman & everyone for this! If you need anything just let me know.

Simon01

Dec 5, 2011
I haven't been on Trailvoy long, but as others said, it was a great resource and had a lot of information.

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Simon01 said:
I haven't been on Trailvoy long, but as others said, it was a great resource and had a lot of information.

All of the people here are from TrailVoy. TrailVoy itself was not a bad place. The parent company is the problem, and that is why everyone has chosen to move here. This site will become the new and improved TrailVoy with better management, a whole lot less ads, and a staff that doesn't hate what they do, hopefully.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Lets make sure all the new folks get a link to this thread! All you guys throwing up welcome posts, try to link to this thread so everyone will know what is going on.:cool:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Ghoster said:
Lets make sure all the new folks get a link to this thread! All you guys throwing up welcome posts, try to link to this thread so everyone will know what is going on.:cool:

Will try to remember.

:yes:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
325 members so far! Not bad at all, we shall keep up the great work :biggrin::yes:

PProph

Dec 7, 2011
I wasn't on TV very long as my TV is new to me, but I know all about forum issues when unpopular decisions are made. Hopefully the new site works out great. Quick question, are people going to be copying over a lot of the Sticky threads from TV to help populate this site with a lot of the general info that makes auto forums what they are? Or is it a complete start from scratch?

To answer your question, yes I'm too lazy to look and see for myself at the moment :raspberry:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
PProph said:
I wasn't on TV very long as my TV is new to me, but I know all about forum issues when unpopular decisions are made. Hopefully the new site works out great. Quick question, are people going to be copying over a lot of the Sticky threads from TV to help populate this site with a lot of the general info that makes auto forums what they are? Or is it a complete start from scratch?

To answer your question, yes I'm too lazy to look and see for myself at the moment :raspberry:

sine 95% of the articles over there are members over here now... yes. Jman has been working on that (or atleast on his list)

moneypit

Dec 7, 2011
Hey all! Glad to finally have found you all! Last couple days I thought "where is everyone"?lol... WTF..I just donated the other day at TV...now you all can understand my luck..LOL. Geez, lotta material over there...
Looking forward to some great stuff! Cheers:thumbsup: Merry Christmas!

kevinwilesjr

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
No more chapters. There is some discussion floating around on it but they are gone now. We just one big happy family now.

Thanks, Kyle. I just saw that they had "Chapters" under the Community Events section and wasn't sure if we were going to be running that the same way we did on TV...

Weren't we always one big, happy family??

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
kevinwilesjr said:
Thanks, Kyle. I just saw that they had "Chapters" under the Community Events section and wasn't sure if we were going to be running that the same way we did on TV...

Weren't we always one big, happy family??

Think bigger and happier!:biggrin:

Reactions: dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
And no intimidating requirements for new people

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
You mean I don't have to apply to be a member and post 13.28 times per week minimum and hop on your left leg while rubbing you belly and patting your head? YIPPIE!:biggrin:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Best wishes with the new board. I know Its a lot of work.

Copying the how to's could run into copyright issues.

FWIW seems like they've dropped some advertising over there.

Another issue with VS, if they go under they take a lot of boards with them.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
kevinwilesjr said:
I just saw that they had "Chapters" under the Community Events section and wasn't sure if we were going to be running that the same way we did on TV...
The "Chapters" area is more for organization than anything. It makes it easier for people to find stuff going on in their area. (like on the OS) But now, we won't have people "in charge". I'm hoping that this will make individual members more comfortable with posting up their own meet/event ideas. :wootwoot: :dance:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Mark20 said:
Best wishes with the new board. I know Its a lot of work.

Copying the how to's could run into copyright issues.

FWIW seems like they've dropped some advertising over there.

Another issue with VS, if they go under they take a lot of boards with them.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

most of those how to's are from member who wrote them that are here. so i dont see how copy rite would be a problem. we wrote them and brought our own how to's to another site. its not like TV bought them lol they sure as hell didnt pay for mine :raspberry:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
The most registrations in one day was 118, 12-04-2011.

lol

r-charger

Dec 8, 2011
the roadie said:
They need inflated member counts to sell ads. They MUST be concealing the number of members who have abandoned their unwanted accounts. So I bet no regular members get banned.

Is that why people that are on the site lots, but lurk more than post (like me), were constantly nagged with the message "you must have a post every XX days"? All I saw in that was clutter....:crazy:

Oh, I joined today. Nice to see familiar members....

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
r-charger said:
Is that why people that are on the site lots, but lurk more than post (like me), were constantly nagged with the message "you must have a post every XX days"? All I saw in that was clutter....:crazy:

Oh, I joined today. Nice to see familiar members....

Welcome! Glad you found your way over. We don't really care if you post or not, but the more you do, the more people will know who you are. The better they know who you are, the more they jump in to provide help when you need it!

efi-diy

Dec 9, 2011
One thing that I'd really like to see is a dedicated hi-performance sub-forum for the 4200 and enforced to minimize the how to change xyz or I added abc headlights. It adds a lot of clutter that has a perfect place to be in the regular forum.

This may be a deciding factor on what I contribute, and most folks know that very few have pushed the 4200 output to the level I have.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
just made the move, hopefully good things to come. Nice to see some familiar names out there.

Peace.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Made the jump, glad to be here.

Shame TV took the course it did, wealth of info there but I feel this will work out well. :thumbsup:

wagfam810

Dec 13, 2011
Thanks to everyone for making this new site. Now I can continue to break, I mean fix things on my truck. :smile:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Hey everyone.
I just wanted to say thanks to all that put the effort in to make this site (Jman, ghoster especially). It's nice to be back on an actual forum again and not a billboard. I will miss what TrailVoy used to be but not what it has become. I learned so many great things over there and I am looking forward to continuing that trend here in our new home. Thanks again to all of you guys that put the hard work in to make this a reality.

Sincerely,
Will

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
You know what I've discovered I really like here? The cross pollination of the various subforums. I rarely ventured out of the 4x4 and offroad forums over on TV and others rarely ventured in. There are a whole bunch of people I've been on the same site with for years that I'm just now meeting! :biggrin:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
fishsticks said:
You know what I've discovered I really like here? The cross pollination of the various subforums. I rarely ventured out of the 4x4 and offroad forums over on TV and others rarely ventured in. There are a whole bunch of people I've been on the same site with for years that I'm just now meeting! :biggrin:

well thats cause your a hermit...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
fishsticks said:

You can now see why I supported the OS so much. Lots of good people around and lots of knowledge and tricks that can be adapted to our purpose. This site reminds me why I originally got so involved.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
the roadie said:
:thumbsup: ....that, plus the unique chance to be one of (currently) eight members with a higher post count than me.

I'm positive that will change. :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online