Weird noise on startup during acceleration

LouisTB

Original poster
Apr 12, 2016
Tampa, FL
So when I started up my truck this morning and gave some gas as I'm backing out I notice that there's a whistling noise coming from the driver's side. The best I can describe the noise is almost like a diesel accelerating. The noise gets higher in pitch until about 20 mph and the dies out and only comes back under acceleration from under 20mph. I haven't noticed any difference in performance or fuel economy and I can't hear it with the window up. Now this could have caused it but not sure. My dog escaped and I had to go catch it so I hop in my truck which is reversed into my driveway, at the time I'm in panic mode so instead of throwing it drive i threw it into neutral and gave it gas. Realizing I'm not in drive i put on the brake and put it in drive but really didn't let it get to idle before doing so. Was trying to catch run away dog. Anyways once in drive that's when I noticed the noise and I've driven with the windows down before and haven't heard a noise except for the clutch fan roar. Hoping you guys can help out with the plethora of knowledge on these vehicles. I'll try to get a sound clip of the noise after work. Also doesn't seem to have affected the shifting either.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Probably best if you pop your hood, have someone sit in the driver's seat and rev the engine while you're trying to better locate where the sound is coming from. The more specifics you can provide, the easier it will be to help :twocents:

Edit: Also have a look at this thread, sounds like the same issue

http://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/whistling-noise-above-idle.16045/

LouisTB

Original poster
Apr 12, 2016
Tampa, FL

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online