Weird issue when i really press on the gas. Anybody else have this?

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Every time i press on the gas, i get this strange euphoric feeling. Almost like a cross between flying and invincibility.

I effing love my tb

Reactions: Bow_Tied

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
DDonnie said:
Every time i press on the gas, i get this strange euphoric feeling. Almost like a cross between flying and invincibility.

I effing love my tb

:yes:

More wonderful than strange for me though.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You V8 guys have a strange connection between nerves in your right foot and your 'nads. :tongue:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
If I had the V8, I might have this, but I doubt it.

After having an old Ford with a 351 that'd nearly pop the front tires off the ground (and that's all weight in the front half of the vehicle, no camper) and even twisted the frame between the cab and the bed, I don't think the 5.3 would do much for me. So inline 6 it is, has more than enough for my needs (which is daily-driving), I'm mostly out of my random gun-it phase.

That and having to get the EXT (read: heavier vehicle) to get extra power doesn't seem very effective to me, if anything I'd go with the 6.0 in the SS :raspberry:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Or when you floor it ..............Stabilitrak Active #SS Problems

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
STLtrailbSS said:
Or when you floor it ..............Stabilitrak Active #SS Problems

I like it better when bruhaba floors it in his supercharged I6 :rotfl: traction control lamp goes bananas.

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
IllogicTC said:
If I had the V8, I might have this, but I doubt it.

After having an old Ford with a 351 that'd nearly pop the front tires off the ground (and that's all weight in the front half of the vehicle, no camper) and even twisted the frame between the cab and the bed, I don't think the 5.3 would do much for me. So inline 6 it is, has more than enough for my needs (which is daily-driving), I'm mostly out of my random gun-it phase.

That and having to get the EXT (read: heavier vehicle) to get extra power doesn't seem very effective to me, if anything I'd go with the 6.0 in the SS :raspberry:

Definitely don't have an ext. :smile:

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
the roadie said:
You V8 guys have a strange connection between nerves in your right foot and your 'nads. :tongue:
Isn't there something about that in the ancient Chinese reflexology writings?

Jared

Oct 29, 2013
Get a cam and tune... or even just a tune. That torque management KILLS the 5.3

Then, you'll really get a euphoric effect

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
chicagotransam said:
Get a cam and tune... or even just a tune. That torque management KILLS the 5.3

Then, you'll really get a euphoric effect

Tune in the works as soon as I can be without it for a couple of days.

Oct 29, 2013
C-ya said:
Tune in the works as soon as I can be without it for a couple of days.

Take it you're going to do a mail order tune? I brought mine in to a dyno tuner. Not much more costly and much better results.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Yeah, I just want DOD disabled, torque management removed and the lag from gas pedal to the throttle opening removed. Nothing major. $100 and a few days without it. If I still had my Hombre with a SBC in it, I could see paying for a dyno tune. This, not so much. It is a 5,200# beast that hauls me and the family around, and occasionally pulls a travel trailer. But, since it has the 5.3, I want it to act like it a little bit.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
You don't need a V8, I get that feeling with my I6. I am sure if I had the LS2, I would need a change of underwear :rotfl:

Oct 29, 2013
C-ya said:
Yeah, I just want DOD disabled, torque management removed and the lag from gas pedal to the throttle opening removed. Nothing major. $100 and a few days without it. If I still had my Hombre with a SBC in it, I could see paying for a dyno tune. This, not so much. It is a 5,200# beast that hauls me and the family around, and occasionally pulls a travel trailer. But, since it has the 5.3, I want it to act like it a little bit.

For what it's worth, before my tune, I checked the throttle body for lag.... It had none. I think that might be the I6 only. Just don't remove all torque management. I have some at shift points (4L60Es are weak sauce)

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yes. .. you don't wanna remove all torque mngmnt. You'll blow the tranny.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
OK, he said he would "dial back torque management", so it won't be completely removed. Jeremy has done enough to not blow my tranny up, I'm sure.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
chicagotransam said:
For what it's worth, before my tune, I checked the throttle body for lag.... It had none. I think that might be the I6 only.

Using a scan tool to monitor mine in my I6, it appears to have no or very little lag. Lag may be induced by an aging throttle body, or just by the fact that it's got a middleman (the PCM).

Fortunately for us, the throttle control in the PCM has its own separate processor (yes, our PCM is dual-processor!) running at a "blazing" 22MHz and an almost-Google-datacenter 48kb of RAM. Yes, most vehicles still run off the technology of the 80s it seems. But this has to process inputs from the APP, output to and feedback from the TB, and I believe cruise control probably runs through it, too. Maybe a couple other things, like inputs, but it's listed as being dedicated to throttle.

Edit: It also does torque management and traction control on that processor.

Too Fast

Jan 28, 2014
Love the euphoric feeling also, but I don't get it from our I6 TB.

I do get it from our LS1 WS6, tho, with it's no-traction-control, drive-by-cable and I'll shift the damn 6-speed manual transmission as soft or hard as I wanna. No torque managment removal required. Barks 'em in the first 4 gears, and the car is mostly stock.

I get the euphoric feeling in our TB when I have to go back to the fast food place, by way of going over a snow bank covered island between 2 fast food parking places and my son says, ''That was awesome, do it again, Dad!" when they screw up our order and I have to get what they forgot. The look on the people's faces in the drive thru line is awesome also.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online