Want to make sure I'm thinking clearly

Ziggy

Original poster
Feb 8, 2015
So, pictured below is my buddy's truck. I've got a plan to buy the wheels and tires from this truck, and pair them with Mark's 1.5" adapters. I believe this combination will work on my stock suspension LTZ, but I'd really like to see some 360s with similar "OEM+" style looks. Tried Google images, found ONE pic of a TB on fullsize wheels, but he was lifted, and running steelies. Am I delusional? Any reason I can't do it?

Bens%20White%20Truck%20Stock%20Wheels_zpskwat6vnj.jpg

Reactions: Capote

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I thought there was someone that did something similar, the name escapes me at the moment. If you're using adapters, then you don't have to worry about ball joint clearance. And the tires aren't massive, so trimming/cutting should be minimal if any.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
What size are those tires? I know my 07 NNBS Silverado tires wouldn't fit a non-lifted TB but I don't know the stock size on a NBS.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
They should fit depending on the tires you want to put on. You must not be thinking clearly... You are asking guys that do mods if they would do it to theirs... or have.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Capote

Ziggy

Original poster
Feb 8, 2015
Sooo... The idea is to score my buddy's old stocker wheels and tires (245/70R17) and a set of spacers to hopefully stave off spending a grand on a set of tires for at least 12 months or so... Was really just hoping someone knew of some pics so I could get an idea what this dude's gonna look like. I'll post up pics of course when I get it done, just curious if anyone else around here is running a set of GM Fullsize alloys on their 360. I'm not concerned with trimming a corner off my rocker moldings and/or bumper cover for clearance sake, but really, I can't imagine fitment will be an issue. I've got 245/65/R17 on the stock LTZ 17" 5 spokes now. So long as the backspacing isn't too far off, they should fit up without much drama.

Last edited:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Get a nice side shot of your TB and those wheels and I may be able to whip up a photochop.

Reactions: djthumper and Ziggy

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Your stock trailblazer without a lift should run a maximum of 32 inch tires. You should really ask these questions on offroadtb.com. They have way more info on big tires than anyone here

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Your stock trailblazer without a lift should run a maximum of 32 inch tires. You should really ask these questions on offroadtb.com. They have way more info on big tires than anyone here
Where are you reading 32s without a lift on a 360? Don't say on ORTB because I am there as well. with stock wheels 30.6 you might get just over 31 depending on the tires and how they fit in the opening.

Reactions: dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

WTF... My 32s rubbed with 2.5 inch lift.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I can't see 32 fitting on stock either. I rubbed slightly with my 31.6" tires with my 2.5" lift and had to do a slight corner trimming on my bumper cover. It still rubs the liner slightly on the backside when at full lock but not enough to mess with.

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
My bad guys. Was going off memory. Thought it was 32s guess I was wrong my bad

Ziggy

Original poster
Feb 8, 2015
Finally got around to it... MarkMc's 1.5" 6x5 to 6x5.5 adapters, and stock Silverado 17" aluminum wheels with 245/70/17 tires. It looks sooo much better! I love the way the tires line up with the wheel flares!
2016-01-04%2022.54.49_zpshrf6s69x.png

Now, need to work on acquiring a set of GM lug nuts with the outside threads so I can put the centers on...
20160104_192200_zpsizcobjgc.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That looks great bud :biggrin:

Reactions: Ziggy

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher