Walker exhaust systems

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
Purchased an walker exhaust system based on not going insane paying for the stock gm replacement for the muffler and the resonator. Anybody have any comments about walker? It's a stainless muffler and I think just normal resonator. Anyway, for 228 bucks, I couldn't resist. I have seen blips on walker exhaust but really no comments on how it sounds compared to stock whether it's louder(which I don't want) and the life of the system. I know it won't last 9 years like the eom but won't have the truck much more than another 4 years.

jfkmk

Mar 7, 2013
I haven't had to replace an exhaust system since manufacturers started using stainless steel components, and I usually go at least 200k on my vehicles. That being said, when I used to have to replace exhaust systems, Walker was one of the brands I used. You should have no problem.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I purchased the walker quiet flow and really liked the fit and finish, noise was just slightly louder under heavy load but only a very small amount of noise.

Here's the issue though.....the factory exhaust is about the best you can get in regards to noise and fuel economy, it's a very well thought out system. I ended up returning my muffler/ resonator and repaired the split I had in the stock muffler casing. I lost 2-3 MPG with the Walker right off the bat.....not acceptable, this is likely due to the fact the factory piping is 2.75" and the Walker is restricted to 2.5" or less at the muffler.

If you are after quiet and MPG, I suggest searching for a used stock setup and if you do, and decide to cut the system for removal, make the cut accordingly behind the muffler to utilize an adapter sleeve to re-fit the two pieces together or have it re-welded. Cut on a straight section and not the curve. I think you can remove the shocks and with enough lift, possibly snake the entire exhaust over the axle but not sure.

Here's a thread I had on it. http://gmtnation.com/f23/just-installed-walker-quiet-flow-ss-exhaust-8464/

I wanted to add that the Walker system had almost twice the backpressure over the stock setup. That's huge.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod