Vibration when floored

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
This afternoon I was driving and i went to floor it to pass a guy, I was doing about 50 and speed limit was 65. I didn't have the pedal all the way to the ground about half way. As It started to gain speed a vibration would increase before it shifted into the next gear. after it shifts into the next gear it was fine there wasn't a vibration anymore. Clogged cat? Transmission problem? Motor mounts? , Any Ideas to what it might be , It has happened before on a trip while getting up to speed to pass someone. Tranny fluid was changed 40,000 miles ago. Thanks, Alec

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
How many miles total? Over 100K, have you changed the differential fluids? Have you changed the transfer case fluid religiously every 50K? Could be a mount, but you'd have to explore the performance just before shifting into other gears under power. See if the vibration is proportional to road speed or to engine RPM.

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
the roadie said:
How many miles total? Over 100K, have you changed the differential fluids? Have you changed the transfer case fluid religiously every 50K? Could be a mount, but you'd have to explore the performance just before shifting into other gears under power. See if the vibration is proportional to road speed or to engine RPM.

Almost 155,000 miles, I haven't yet changed Differential fluids nor the transfer case fluid. I do plan to try an change them pretty soon. When I don't drive like hell there isn't any vibrations, Even while in park its fine if i Rev it up to 3K. Every shift is smooth, unless its a cold start then its hard and long shifts but that's just its way of trying to warm itself up when cold.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
04Trailblazer said:
Almost 155,000 miles, I haven't yet changed Differential fluids nor the transfer case fluid.
How long and from how many miles have you owned it? I assume not since new. Changing the transfer case fluid was especially important when you bought it if you didn't get service records. As I said, it's a surprisingly short 50K interval. If you change it, measure the qwuantity that runs out. It may have a clue as to how much it was low, and that can be an expensive repair. And it can cause vibrations. Do you regularly check 4WD operation? Like monthly. I recommend that. And did you do the other 100K maintenance like coolant and plugs?

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
the roadie said:
How long and from how many miles have you owned it? I assume not since new. Changing the transfer case fluid was especially important when you bought it if you didn't get service records. As I said, it's a surprisingly short 50K interval. If you change it, measure the qwuantity that runs out. It may have a clue as to how much it was low, and that can be an expensive repair. And it can cause vibrations. Do you regularly check 4WD operation? Like monthly. I recommend that. And did you do the other 100K maintenance like coolant and plugs?

Bought it with 123,000 miles on it, and did not get any service records on it sadly. I only used my 4WD once this last winter, it seemed to do ok other then there was also a kind of vibration in the rear when i would take my foot of the gas but i think it was because i was in Auto 4WD. seemed to do its best in just 4Hi. I did plugs in at 150,000 miles ( Ac Delco's) , When i changed Thermostat, I put new Dexcool in at 153,000 miles. I try and take care of it the best i can, Sometimes hard to come up with the Time and money for maintenance with how the Economy is right now and having to put almost $70 of gas in my TB. Im going to try and get around to all this soon!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randybill