Very low air flow from driver side and left vent in center stack.

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Hi Everyone,

I have noticed a issue with the air flow coming from the vents in my TB. The driver side vent closest to the door and the left vent in the center stack have very low air flow coming from them. The right side vent in the center stack has normal or what I consider normal airflow.

I have tried closing off the right center vent and the air flow from the left center increases very little. It has gotten to where I need to point the right center vent all the way over to the left. My left hand is always freezing due to the low air flow.

Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, and opinions are welcome! Thanks, Everyone!

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
I bet your actuator door is only partially opening to let the airflow go to the left.

Reactions: djthumper

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I agree. Probably the actuator is toast. You could try resetting the system so it can recalibrate the actuators by pulling the HVAC-B fuse for a couple minutes, put it back and turning the ignition on but not start the engine. Let it do its thing before touching any controls.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The best post is this one with the diagram
hvac actuators and dash removal

It's not too difficult for the driver's side. Passenger side may be more involved if you have to cut that metal bracket to get it out. Just awkward working from under the dash.

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
I had a thought about this issue I wanted to run past you guys. Would the actuator affect the air flow from left to right sides? I know there is one that changes the levels from heat to vent to defrosters but I didn't know about left to right.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's possible that each temp actuator affects flow. For example, if the passenger is commanding a lower temp than the driver, maybe it reduces the flow compared to the driver. This is just a guess though. I'd have to experiment with my own to see what it does because I always have both sides locked to the same temp.

Reactions: djthumper

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online