Vaping.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
I have recently picked started my adventures into the world of vaping. When I drink I like to have a nice cigar, or even a cigarette if I can find one to bum. Before we left for the wedding I went to pick up a few cigars for the trip, and some for the guests at the wedding. During my search for the cigar of choice I started looking into the e-cig kits (vaporizers, not the ones that look like cigarettes).

I started off with a White Rhino kit, comes with a basic clearomizer, a battery and a charger. Ran me about $35, or the price of 4-5 good cigars. I also grabbed some basic flavors, cherry, menthol and mocalate. I loved the experience, inhaling would give a nice throat hit, amazing flavor and not a bad aftertaste in the morning. After some trial and error with the cheap clearomizer, I upgraded to a Kangertech T3S. Much better vape, replaceable coils, holds more fluid, more vape and better flavor. At least thats what I thought.

A friend (Juan) at work has an awesome setup, it is a Sigelei 20W, with a Kayfun 3.1 clone. I had been happy with my little entry level setup, until I tried the Sigelei. The difference is staggering. I was putting out clouds of vape that I thought were decent size, Juan takes a draw, and lets out a cloud that made him look like a fu**ing dragon exhaling smoke. I had to try it, the flavor of the day was cherry limeade. I take a draw like I would on my vaporizer, the flavor is amazing, it taste like a cherry slurpee from 7-11. Juan looks at me and says, no take a real hit, like a man (mind you Juan is 6'6" and about 350, mostly muscle). So I take in what felt like a good 5 second draw. All I can say is wow, I needed to upgrade.

At work I would sometimes head out to the smoke pit with the other guys. It was not a daily thing for me though. I wanted more, but I wasn't ready to commit to a Sigelei. My T3S worked fine, but it would leak, and started having other issues, now is the time to upgrade. So I do some research and pick up an Innokin MVP V2 mod, and a KangerTech Aero tank. The new setup was lightyears ahead, the tank was awesome, being able to adjust airflow, and voltage/wattage through the mod allowed me tune in each flavor. I was happy. That was until I started having issues with the new tank, started leaking (design flaw in almost every clearomizer with a replaceable coil). I look into RBA's (rebuildable atomizers), I decide to try a Kayfun clone, its cheap, good reviews, and is a tried and true design. However it does require a bit more technical skill, wrapping your own coils, threading your own wicks and some basing understanding of ohms law. I order everything required, 28G Kenthal, some EKO wool wick, some new flavors, and caught up on some YouTube vids.

Everything arrives and I am ready to try my hand at my own coil. I was aiming for a resistance of between 1.5-2.0 ohms, nailed it with 1.7 first try. I set it all up and run about a 1/4 tank, as it is a test run. Flavors nice, good cloud, but after a few draws, it tastes like burning. Back to the drawing board. So after a quick search it appears that a 1/8" coil is to large. I re-wrap and get a 1.6 ohms, much better. Between the 24th and 26th I wrapped 6 different coils, and found what works for me. I also perfected my technique for maintaining a vacuum in the RBA when filling from the top. In a month I have gone from complete newb, to doing what takes others several months to a year to move onto.

Okay I am done with the back story.

So far I have not had a cigar or smoke while drinking. I like that I can change the flavor when I want, and I like that I can control the experience. I also like the technical aspect of it, building custom coils, trying new coil designs and I am going to attempt to make my own e-juice one day. Others at the workplace have stopped smoking all together. Juan was smoking 2 packs a day, he hasn't smoked in 3 months. I run between 0 and 6MG of nicotine in the flavors. If anyone is looking into quitting smoking, this stuff works. I am at about $80 in my current setup, or the price of a carton of smokes in MD, or the price of a box of nice cigars. Juice is about $6-$8 for a 10-15ml bottle, or enough 4-7 days.

I will end this by saying, you have not lived until you vaped Swedish Fish. I will add some pics tomorrow.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Thats pretty awesome and from what I have heard is a pretty safe alternative to any tobacco products. My wife bought me a cheap menthol disposable e-cig before I went on my last deployment for about $5 from a gas station. It was only good for about 40 hits, but tasted like crap. Ever since that experience I never tried another e-cig. Pretty much been chewing over the last couple years.

I would definitely like to quit all tobacco products. Wonder if this would help like you mentioned :undecided:

Do you notice any sore thought or hacking (coughing) the next morning after using your setup like you would with a regualr cigarette? I use to smoke when I drank and the next morning would be awful because I would usually smoke a pack of cigarettes the night before.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
The cheap e-cigs are junk. I tried the Blue, NJoy, and Swisher. The Swisher was the only one worth a damn.

The first week I would hack up some dark colored phlegm, which is apparently the tar and stuff and your lungs breaking down from the water vapor. Throat has only been sore a few times. I do not have one with the lower nicotine levels. However when I started I was using 18mg juice, which was rough.

We have 2 guys who used to dip, one has been dip free for 4 months. The other has only done it a few times.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
I like the simplicity of the tanks with replaceable coils. I have just had to many issues with the Kanger coils leaking. I like the customization of the RBA. Congrats on 3 months.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I am also a vaper, however, I am only using a newb kit due to work. It never leaves my pocket, and I break them about once every 1-3 months. I do have one with adjustable volts, watts, and it hits a lot better than my NJoy I have as a backup. I am currently on the flavor of Crunch Berries (Captain Crunch). It tastes like cereal. Its great. But I have a stash of probably 30-40 flavors, depending on my mood.

My brother also is using them, but he is thinking about going back to smoking. No matter the kit, or style, or flavor he tries, within 2 seconds of hitting the first vape, he gets a ringing in his ears for an hour.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
TollKeeper said:
I am also a vaper, however, I am only using a newb kit due to work. It never leaves my pocket, and I break them about once every 1-3 months. I do have one with adjustable volts, watts, and it hits a lot better than my NJoy I have as a backup. I am currently on the flavor of Crunch Berries (Captain Crunch). It tastes like cereal. Its great. But I have a stash of probably 30-40 flavors, depending on my mood.

My brother also is using them, but he is thinking about going back to smoking. No matter the kit, or style, or flavor he tries, within 2 seconds of hitting the first vape, he gets a ringing in his ears for an hour.

The ringing in the ears is just strange, however after a quick look it seems like the level of nicotine may be a cause. Not sure what level he was vaping at.

I have not taken a head count of my flavors but I recently placed an order with Mountain Baker Vapor, I hear good things and am excited. My last order through KVS was some awesome RY4, a declicous rootbear float that taste like a bottle of A&W with a nice vanilla finish. I also decided to try out some Space Jam Eclipse, it has a strong honey flavor, with notes of vanilla and caramel, I would say it taste like a Havana Honey cigar.

I need to get some decent pics of my stuff, but I took this over the weekend. I had no cravings for cigars, or a cigarette while drinking.

20140614_181446.jpg

Its a Sigelei 20w with a Kayfun 3.1 clone. I was using cherry limeade at the time, it taste like a cherry Slurpee.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
I bought Krave E-Cig Starter kit. The kit comes with 1 battery and 2 flavors Menthol and Tobacco. Stuff isn't bad but its definitely something I wouldn't use all the time. The menthol sometimes burns the back of my throat when exhaling and you can feel the flavor tip heat up when taking a drag. Tobacco isn't bad I haven't had a real chance to try it. Guess I like my Copenhagen better....

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
My buddy let me try his vapy thing out for a week and I smoked half as many cigs as normal. The juice he had was menthol which I don't really like so I didn't hit it as much as I would have if it was something good. Today I got a simple kangertech evod and some juice that tastes just like a camel light. I'm hoping this will help me kick the cigs for good.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
MAY03LT said:
My buddy let me try his vapy thing out for a week and I smoked half as many cigs as normal. The juice he had was menthol which I don't really like so I didn't hit it as much as I would have if it was something good. Today I got a simple kangertech evod and some juice that tastes just like a camel light. I'm hoping this will help me kick the cigs for good.
You can do it Bruther, I started with a Kangertech EVOD too. I havent smoked a cigarette in 5.5 months, The key is to not smoke any cigarettes for 2-3 days then if you try to smoke, the cigs will taste like shit.

DO IT!!! :bonk:

Reactions: BHAMER and MAY03LT

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Vape on brother. I have slowly expanded my collection a day am waiting for a massive order from Fasttech. Knowing how technical you are, a dropper may be in your future. I am also away from most tobacco flavors. I love the soda ones.20140808_150821.jpg

Reactions: MAY03LT

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Honestly, I just want to get a V2 to stop smoking, I don't really want to get into it as a "hobby". Golf, the truck and tractor keep me poor enough.

Reactions: BHAMER

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Matt said:
Honestly, I just want to get a V2 to stop smoking, I don't really want to get into it as a "hobby". Golf, the truck and tractor keep me poor enough.
Thats why you order from Fasttech. My only authentic stuff is my regulated mods. I cannot see a reason to spend a $100 or $200 on a metal tube, when the clone is only $20-$30. I understand the American made ideaology, however most authentic stuff is made in very small quantities, and is bought up very fast.

I spent $100 and have 3 mods, some Kayfun parts, 2 RDA's, and some other things on the way. Everything is supposed to ship today.

In the end though the goal is get people off of regular cigs,

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'm going cross-eyed looking at all that stuff. I'll just go with the V2, I can buy their stuff down the road from my house and they're apparently the highest rated e-cig without getting into whole separate everything adventure,

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Matt said:
I'm going cross-eyed looking at all that stuff. I'll just go with the V2, I can buy their stuff down the road from my house and they're apparently the highest rated e-cig without getting into whole separate everything adventure,
There are so many options its ridiculous. Have you though about something more along the lines of an Ego type unit.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_Twist_Variable_Voltage_650mAh_Battery_p/ego-c-tst.htm

You can throw on an Aspire Nautilus mini, or an Evod from Kanger. All you do is replace the coil once a week or so, and fill with your choice of juice.

It is nice to see more and more people get off the combustion cigs. I have never breathed better. Going on 4 months without a single one and happy. I have also gotten into cloud chasing, I rarely even use juice with nic anymore.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Maybe I should give this a whirl.I tried the Mark10, but was not real impressed

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Maybe I should give this a whirl.I tried the Mark10, but was not real impressed
The key is power. As well as decent juice. You don't have to go all out, both those small batteries don't put out enough juice to give the great flavor.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Matt said:

Yeah the guy who lent me his piece is into it big. I'm in my newb setup for a touch over $50.

BlazingTrails said:
You can do it Bruther, I started with a Kangertech EVOD too. I havent smoked a cigarette in 5.5 months, The key is to not smoke any cigarettes for 2-3 days then if you try to smoke, the cigs will taste like shit.

DO IT!!! :bonk:
Thanks man! Haven't smoked a cig since me and my boy rode to the shop yesterday afternoon. I still got a pack and a half just in case.

I overheard some peeps talking about nicotine levels and how they slowly lowered theirs to 0 over time. That's pretty cool.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
MAY03LT said:
Yeah the guy who lent me his piece is into it big. I'm in my newb setup for a touch over $50.

Thanks man! Haven't smoked a cig since me and my boy rode to the shop yesterday afternoon. I still got a pack and a half just in case.

I overheard some peeps talking about nicotine levels and how they slowly lowered theirs to 0 over time. That's pretty cool.
You'll be throwing those cigs away in a few days bro. It WILL feel good :smile:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Alright, you bastards go me. :raspberry:

I went to a very good brick and mortar vape shop near home and got an ego-c 1000 mAh battery, two cartomizer tanks, 2 spare coils and two bottles of juice...1 smooth tobacco and 1 cappuccino flavour.

$60 out the door...and I think my wife wants to have a bash to kick the cigarettes as well.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Matt said:
Alright, you bastards go me. :raspberry:

I went to a very good brick and mortar vape shop near home and got an ego-c 1000 mAh battery, two cartomizer tanks, 2 spare coils and two bottles of juice...1 smooth tobacco and 1 cappuccino flavour.

$60 out the door...and I think my wife wants to have a bash to kick the cigarettes as well.
A few things, you may feel more thirsty than usual. You will notice smells that you may not have smelled in years. Also you may experience "vapors" tongue, for a short period you might notice muted flavors when eating or drinking. I never experienced it, even with my transition from ego's-to more powerful VW devices, or after i went to dripping. I spent most of my money in the first 2 months buying juice, it was more trial and error than anything.

Enjoy the difference, I had one the week I started vaping and have not been back.

Reactions: Matt

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Right on man! I'm still cig free. I bought a second battery yesterday so I can have a charged one when one dies.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Not 100% sure, but the cappucino flavour might be farking with my stomach. I'll know for sure after this weekend.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
High Voltage said:
I got to get on this too! It all seems like a foreign language to me and don't have the time to research.
Do what I did, get an ego-c passthrough battery, 2 tanks, 2 spare coils and some flavours and you're away. About the cheapest and most reliable way to get started.

Followup: No stomach aches yesterday from the flavour, so I may have just been having an off day.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Matt said:
Do what I did, get an ego-c passthrough battery, 2 tanks, 2 spare coils and some flavours and you're away. About the cheapest and most reliable way to get started.

Followup: No stomach aches yesterday from the flavour, so I may have just been having an off day.
Some flavors have given me heartburn, but for the most part it may have been more of me taking too much vapor in.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Some flavors have given me heartburn, but for the most part it may have been more of me taking too much vapor in.
I haven't had that issue, but I went the weekend without feeling crook in the guts, so I think it was something else. This Saturday I'm taking the wife to get set up and will be buying an extra tank and swedish fish flavour.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
I have been ordering online. Check out www.killer-juice.com, www.mtbakervapor.com, www.kalamazoovaporshop.com.

My problem has been some flavors have been hit or miss. So I have juice that was not very good. Also letting made to order juice steep will make juices taste much better.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Got some of my stuff in from China, took about 6 days. It's the stainless to ensure with the boat and the atomizer with the 3d, the one without the tank. Total price for both about $30.

Attachments

• 20140825_154556.jpg
    20140825_154556.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 15

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
BlazingTrails said:
Is the one in the middle copper?
100%, we'll the mod anyways. I have 3 more on the way, a copper Penny mod, a copper Manhattan clone, and a Paragon, which is copper wrapped in carbon fiber. Most of these you cannot buy the authentic as they only make 500 of each and charge around $200. All of mine are cheaper than $20 new, except the copper Pegasus and the Panzer. I am also waiting on some drippers I bought in group buys a month ago.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
blazinlow89 said:
100%, we'll the mod anyways. I have 3 more on the way, a copper Penny mod, a copper Manhattan clone, and a Paragon, which is copper wrapped in carbon fiber. Most of these you cannot buy the authentic as they only make 500 of each and charge around $200. All of mine are cheaper than $20 new, except the copper Pegasus and the Panzer. I am also waiting on some drippers I bought in group buys a month ago.
That sounds pretty cool, I still haven't really upgraded from the 510 vapes. I have a lot of different vapes just no mods.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: blazinlow89

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
BlazingTrails said:
That sounds pretty cool, I still haven't really upgraded from the 510 vapes. I have a lot of different vapes just no mods.

:thumbsup:
Still using 510 connections. I will say this, the dropper in the pic is sweet. It had a 1.5ml chamber and you push the top down to refill the dripping chamber. I can go hours without dripping.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
The collection so far. I have 2 more drippers on the way and another tank. I swear I don't have a problem.

20140906_153440_Richtone(HDR).jpg

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
20140906_155653.jpg

So far so good for me. I'm still cig free, will be 3 weeks on Tuesday which is boss. The shop had a special on juice so I got 3 30s of camel lights even though everyone in the shop was ordering cinnamon roll (and it smelled damn good lol). Still rocking the KT unit and I guess like most peeps I'm thinking about upgrading to something that can hold more juice and have a longer batt life. With my entry level setup I start the day with a full tank of juice and a charged batt and during the day I'll add juice and swap batts once.

There's been two times where I really wanted to smoke a cig - all I had to do was smell a marlboro light and I was like f*** this.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Still going with mine. I'm loving the cappuccino flavour I've got so much, I bought another 2 bottles yesterday.

alan2112drums

Sep 6, 2014
Six weeks ago my buddy sold me an $80 eGo starter kit with 2 batteries. I really wanted the vaping experience to be as close to smoking cigarettes as possible so I tried "Fresh Tobacco". Not great, but I find most of the flavors horrible (especiall "Juicy Fruit"). Menthol seems to be the only flavor for me. I had about 10 real cigarettes the first week, but only 2 cigarettes in the last 5 weeks. I feel absolutely no need to buy tobacco which for me, is unbelievable. The best reason to vape instead of smoke is not just for health and saving cash, but you don't smell anymore! The silver lining is my wife "loves" me again!!

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
alan2112drums said:
Six weeks ago my buddy sold me an $80 eGo starter kit with 2 batteries. I really wanted the vaping experience to be as close to smoking cigarettes as possible so I tried "Fresh Tobacco". Not great, but I find most of the flavors horrible (especiall "Juicy Fruit"). Menthol seems to be the only flavor for me. I had about 10 real cigarettes the first week, but only 2 cigarettes in the last 5 weeks. I feel absolutely no need to buy tobacco which for me, is unbelievable. The best reason to vape instead of smoke is not just for health and saving cash, but you don't smell anymore! The silver lining is my wife "loves" me again!!
I spent a lot of money trying to find the flavors I liked. I have about 10 flavors now that I love, some are not cheap so they are used a lot less. When I started I found that menthol flavors, or adding menthol really helped. I havent had a menthol flavor or added it to any flavors in 2 months. Im working on some DIY juice now, just waiting on some flavor bases to show up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.