Valve Cover Gasket

hinkleboys

Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
I need some directions on how to replace the valve cover gasket. Pictures would be great!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Have you found the stickied thread where a member posted manuals for download?

Welcome!

hinkleboys

Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
I have no idea what a stickied thread is, so I'm gonna say no. I looked for manuals online but the only free one I found was from GM and it didn't tell me squat. I started to remove stuff last night but when I got to the intake I got worried and stopped. This vehicle is a must have for us so I can't start this project and it take 10-12 hours to complete. Can you direct me to the thread you're referring to?

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
hinkleboys said:
I have no idea what a stickied thread is, so I'm gonna say no. I looked for manuals online but the only free one I found was from GM and it didn't tell me squat. I started to remove stuff last night but when I got to the intake I got worried and stopped. This vehicle is a must have for us so I can't start this project and it take 10-12 hours to complete. Can you direct me to the thread you're referring to?

I believe Roadie was talking about this:

http://gmtnation.com/f23/need-service-manuals-get-them-here-371/

To save time waiting for replies, you can usually find what you're looking for by using the search at the top of the page. Just trying to help. Good Luck!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
It might also be that if new members are only accessing the forums with Tapatalk on their smartphones, none of the look and feel and search functionality are there. My recommendation to everyone is to use Tapatalk for social things on the forums, but for real technical stuff, use a full-size systems and just spend some time poking into ALL the forums to get familiar with the layout.

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
the roadie said:
It might also be that if new members are only accessing the forums with Tapatalk on their smartphones, none of the look and feel and search functionality are there. My recommendation to everyone is to use Tapatalk for social things on the forums, but for real technical stuff, use a full-size systems and just spend some time poking into ALL the forums to get familiar with the layout.

I use regular format even on my smart phone. Might be that i'm technologically behind as far as smart phones go, or that my phone is full of game apps for my kid. Couldn't speak on that, but it does sound a bit easier! Maybe one day haha

hotwheeler69

Jul 22, 2014
Today I got a 404 page error, does any one have a video of this repair as YouTube did not. Also the updated link for manual would be great too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online