Used 2008 5.3L....what to look for

floridafitz

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Winter Springs FL
Looking at a 2008 Envoy V8 with 85K miles and a Carfax reported rear impact. As a long time I6 owner and forum member, I have some idea of the universal issues like ignition coils, air suspension problems, climate control components, etc. Any help on what to look closely at with the 5.3. Thanks.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
floridafitz said:
Looking at a 2008 Envoy V8 with 85K miles and a Carfax reported rear impact. As a long time I6 owner and forum member, I have some idea of the universal issues like ignition coils, air suspension problems, climate control components, etc. Any help on what to look closely at with the 5.3. Thanks.

Other than the normal wear and tear you should just check for leaks, and knocks/ticks
Also check the fluids to see if they were changed
Everything should run smooth and tranny should shift like you'd expect it to
The 5.3 was (i dunno if it still is) GMs workhorse engine so it should be running nice and strong like you'd expect
Make sure you check the alignment of the rear bumper/tails/liftgate. If its been rear ended you want to make sure everything is as close to perfect in the rear to avoid future problems
If everything is good in the drivetrain area of the voy then check common problems like you would a 4.2 and you should be solid

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online

No members online now.