turn signals

myron miles

Original poster
Jan 14, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
my turn signals lights come on when my headlights comes on both of them. The turn signals lights works fine and their is no turn signal arrow indicator on in the car. the lights stays on untill i disconnect the battery. any ideals

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Both front and rear do this, or just rear, or just front?

When you turn your parking lights on (but not headlights) does this still happen?

With lights off, when you turn your turn signal on, does that function normally or no? If no, what does it do?

With lights on, and you turn a signal on, do they still flash as expected (normal speed and everything) or no? If no, what exactly does or does not happen?

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:iagree: We need a lot more info on how things are behaving under different scenarios to be able to suggest a starting point for troubleshooting. :yes:

myron miles

Original poster
Jan 14, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
every thing works normal its just the parks light wont go off. in the daylight they will stay on till I restart the car then they will go off. as long as it is day time. when the automatic lights comes on they stay on and to answer your question, yes both front and rear lights are on, yes it happen with just the parking light on, yes they flash normal

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I wonder if the relay is sticking? RAP (retained accessory power) of some sort keeping the light on for too long? Something in the light sensor circuit?

Odd one for sure...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
my turn signals lights come on when my headlights comes on both of them.

its just the parks light wont go off.

First you said it's the turn signals, then you say its the parking lights, we'll need you to confirm which circuit is misbehaving. In the rear, the turn signals are by themselves, the parking lights and brake lights are in the same bulb.

How long has it been doing this? Did you have any work done on the truck just before it started?

In the front fuse block, fuses 50 & 51 are for the turn signals, and in the rear fuse block (under driver's side passenger seat) fuse #30 is the main parking lamp fuse. 14, 17, and 37 in the rear block are sub fuses for the parking light circuits. Try pulling some of those and doing more testing, see if anything changes.

It could be possible that your BCM has a problem, or you've got damaged wiring somewhere

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Check all the bulbs. I once had a burnt bulb where the filament post melted and shorted to the other post for the parking lights so all of them flashed with the signal. Other way around is possible too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online