Truck of the month?

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Hi just saw a while ago they do a truck of the month on tbss. Thought it might be a cool idea to have our members vote and get to see more of everyone's truck on here.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
We have something like that already, http://gmtnation.com/f39/photo-contest-16-extended-6317/ . I feel if the contest was promoted more (ie; link & picture of winner on the main page), it would draw more members.

P.S. Also you might wanna have them (mods) move this thread to the "site suggestions" section. :wink:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Porkins said:
P.S. Also you might wanna have them (mods) move this thread to the "site suggestions" section. :wink:
And so it was done.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Thanks for moving, yeah I knew nothing about contest and I check site daily. Definitely front page would be nice to see all different styles. Tbs you might not see other wise.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
:iagree: We need a TOTM posting on the homepage. Kind of looking a bit basic/plain that would at least make it look a bit better.

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
:iagree: It would be nice to add truck of the month or the winning picture for the contest to the home page.

2010 CamaroSS

Dec 5, 2011
It's always been a nice idea. However on the 355Nation they have a monthly TOTM voting by the members and the voting process to me is a little ridiculous.

Granted it is voted on by the members, but I just believe a lot of the votes are based upon all the wrong reasons. It's almost like democrat vs republican. The dem will always vote for the dem, just because of the same party and same with the rep. You get one member who will always vote for a lowered vehicle just because it may be the only lowered vehicle there even though other vehicles are clearly deserving of it. You'll have one member who spends all of his hard earned money buying whatever mods he can, and doing the hard work himself where as you get another member who just sends his truck off to the shop and writes checks all day.

I think a true TOTM voting needs to be an open public vote, where people of the non-community get their true votes in. And it would be where you only get to win once, that's it. No re-entry after a win. That was another issue with the 355Nation TOTM. You were able to re-enter in after 12 months. So it's always the same trucks winning because they would re-enter after a year.

Enough of my ranting.

Anyways, I'm always up for a GOOD TOTM contest.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Another issue was participation. Think we only had a few trucks enter each time it was tried.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Hatchet said:
Another issue was participation. Think we only had a few trucks enter each time it was tried.

A couple of landing page posts for the contests could draw more attention/participation. I love the scavenger hunt thread but its dead! Wish there was more activity on that one.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
NewfieEnvoy said:
A couple of landing page posts for the contests could draw more attention/participation. I love the scavenger hunt thread but its dead! Wish there was more activity on that one.

I too like the scavenger hunt thread and it always dies every time someone tries to start it. Sometimes I wonder if everyone really understands how that one works:confused:

The photo contest thread might get more attention if the winning picture with photo contest theme was posted on the home page where it could be seen, also have it say what the current photo contest theme is.

Want to get more participation in the photo contests? Might be an opportunity for a vendor to throw in a Logo'd hat or t-shirt as a prize to the winner of the photo contests :undecided:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Denali n DOO said:
Want to get more participation in the photo contests? Might be an opportunity for a vendor to throw in a Logo'd hat or t-shirt as a prize to the winner of the photo contests :undecided:

I think that's a great idea DnD... aside from having bragging rights, if you give some other incentive, that might help...

I'm sure that the summertime will bring out more participation and generate more creative ideas...

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I like how Tony runs it on tbssowners...

The thread goes up and the first 3 people to reply AND submit a photo are locked in... nobody else can enter after the first 3 claim a spot... they have I believe up to one day to finish adding all of their pix, and then for the whole month the community votes... The winning truck gets put on the main page next to the sites name and a congratulatory thread...

Its simple, fair, and would probably create a nice buzz for the site... I know on tbssowners people chomp at the bit trying to get in the running...

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
I'll just take one for the team and throw my truck out there.. :smile:

Attachments

• 20130119_133726.jpg
    20130119_133726.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 19

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
^^ guests on this site would think we were retards with a pic like that.....if u cropped the pic and flipped it right side up...itd be so much better.....

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I couldnt disagree more about having a 3 truck lock in, theres no variety. I like the idea of the photo contest like we have going already. Something that allows a monthly theme to be formed.

For example, this is February, Valentines day.. A picture of your TV and your wifes ride, with you and your family. Yea, I know, a bit corney, but you get the idear.

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
why not just take the winner of the themed photo contest and use their truck as the truck of the month. I do like the idea of an incentive for the winner. It would def. spark up more interest...I'd be more than willing to toss the winner a little prize or a discount on apparel.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I think TOTM has been suggested here already a few times, and it really didn't get anywhere. I like the idea and would participate but honestly even the picture contest and other "game" threads seem to be dead or dying....

I could be wrong, but I doubt TOTM will happen any time soon.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Yep, I'm bringing this thread from the dead. Seeing that the latest photo contest has a better turnout this time around w/o a theme seems to work. I also like the idea of the winner being on the front page, maybe we still can make this happen? If it comes down to time I'm more then willing to volunteer my time to photoshop a new banner.

Something like this....

Attachments

• GMTN2.jpg
    GMTN2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 9
  • GMTN.jpg
    GMTN.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 7

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member