Tru-cool Trans By-pass Valve Install

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Hi, everyone

I'm looking to install a Tru-Cool Trans By-pass Valve along with the Auxiliary Hayden 678 Trans Cooler...
1472513040167.jpg
From my understanding the By-pass Valve fully opens at -/+ 180°. I'm looking to install it after the factory/stock Radiator Trans Cooler but before the new Auxiliary Hayden Trans Cooler, thus By-passing the Hayden Cooler unless temperatures require.

But I'm not understanding or sure it will work the way I intend it to. After visually looking into the By-pass, i can see the Valve is fully extended blocking the Flow on the "Flow to Trans" end of the Valve...
1472513040707.jpg
And in the next picture you will see you can see through the Valve on the "Flow to Cooler" end of the Valve...
1472513040950.jpg
The instructions shows the Flow of the Valve but I'm guessing it's a diagram of the Flow after the Valve has fully open...
1472513040810.jpg

And here is a hand drawn Diagram of how I plan to install the Trans Components...
1472513040601.jpg

I hope I am missing something here cause I don't understand how the Fluid would continue to Flow back to the Trans if the Valve stops the Flow till it reaches -/+ 180°...I would think it would cause a back pressure issue and blow a hose/line and or Trans Component.

So my question is:

Is there a internal passage that I'm not seeing to allow the Flow back to the Trans till the Valve fully opens?

I'm hoping someone here has installed the Tru-Cool brand or knows anything about its operation.

I would love to hear any input or suggestions. Thanks in advance!

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
You're correct in that it reroutes (some) of the flow internally through the valve itself when cold. An easy way to confirm would be plugging the auxiliary cooler ports (the two on the right in your first picture) and blowing through it :thumbsup:

Reactions: RTTBLT1

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
I haven't installed one myself, but this pdf shows what you are thinking, and what I would think would be the way it should work.

http://www.transmissioncoolers.us/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Bypass-Instructions-by-MK.pdf

Thanks. I did a Internet search for info on the By-pass Valve but couldn't find anything other than what was provided with the product.

That PDF looks exactly like what I'm looking to do.

You're correct in that it reroutes (some) of the flow internally through the valve itself when cold. An easy way to confirm would be plugging the auxiliary cooler ports (the two on the right in your first picture) and blowing through it :thumbsup:

Thanks. I should of thought of that! :bonk:

I figured I was missing something...I was thinking the product would be useless if it operates in the way I was thinking...I was thinking "I'm not installing it and blowing a hose/line and or a Trans Component". But I feel confident in the install now.

Does everyone think installing the By-pass in this location is wise?

Or

Does someone recommend installing the By-pass in another location?

I'm all hears!
Thanks everyone!

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I think where you are putting it is where it is designed to go.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
you're correct in placement and operation, I have one laying around some place I plan on adding to my cooler if I ever get around to it as well.

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
I think where you are putting it is where it is designed to go.

you're correct in placement and operation, I have one laying around some place I plan on adding to my cooler if I ever get around to it as well.

Ok, cool...didn't know if someone had mounted/installed it in a different location and thought I would get everyone's feedback first. Install and pictures to come soon!

Thanks, everyone!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.