Transmission problem

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Wow this must be a record. I picked up the car yesterday and drove it today and already have problems. The gear won't go into 4th just my luck!!!

Going to start with a filter and oil change and see if that fixes the problem. I've already called the guy I bought it from and says don't worry about it.

I might try to get money back. I love it but there are signs everywhere not to keep this GMT. Just doesn't seem it's meant to be

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
fadyasha said:
Wow this must be a record. I picked up the car yesterday and drove it today and already have problems. The gear won't go into 4th just my luck!!!

Going to start with a filter and oil change and see if that fixes the problem. I've already called the guy I bought it from and says don't worry about it.

I might try to get money back. I love it but there are signs everywhere not to keep this GMT. Just doesn't seem it's meant to be

:confused: Wait, what? Did he mean "don't worry about it" as in, bring it back and he'd fix it? Or just ignore it, cuz he's hoping the problem will go away on it's own? :nono:

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I never saw the original post that you were looking for this vehicle and while it's a moot point now, I would always suggest to ensure there is fresh oil and maybe even take a small sample from the dipstick and check for any flakes. Never know if someone uses thicker oil to hide leaks or noises, or adds brake fluid to swell up all the seals...many variables with those miles on a 5.3 that has been known to have some oil issues.

As far as the trans is concerned, I would go right back if he's willing to work a deal or return the vehicle unless you have it for a sweet deal and have room for a trans overhaul in the price. Keep in mind, with a trans overhaul you have a somewhat refreshed vehicle so hope is not all lost, I just wouldn't keep driving it just in case. The trans won't last forever but should have a lot of life left. I would suggest that if you are to keep he vehicle you have a trans shop perform a line pressure test at his expense.

Good luck.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Hey guys update I went back and told him screw this and want my money back. I took half the amount back and kept the car for insurance. I'm getting the rest tomorrow hopefully and will give him the car back.

What a disappointment!!! Been dying for a Denali! Anyways no Time wasted already in the market again for a GMT. Found a 2005 Tb LT real nice and clean but turned out to be a 2wd. The search continues

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Well it's done, Took back the Denali and got my money back Minus $300 worth of money for the paper work and insurance transfer crap. I bought a 2003 Landrover Freelander with less than 5K Miles on it for my wife so for now. I bought head and tail light guards including a nudge guard that will be installing over the weekend and I'll be selling off the 07 Ibiza soon. In the meantime i'm still in the market for another GMT.

I've seen 3 so far but all are 2WD :no:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
fadyasha said:
I bought a 2003 Landrover Freelander with less than 5K Miles on it for my wife...

No pics?

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Playsinsnow said:

Lol I installed the rear tailguards and bull guard. Headlights tomorrow hopefully but I'll snap and share the pics tonight

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
fadyasha - you arent the only one. I bought a Bravada on 10-1-13, and by 10-5-13, the transmission was blown :frown:

Anyways, on a different note, I live in the Detroit area. There are 3 salvage yards by my house that specialize in Trailblazer/Envoys. When I went to buy a mirror off of one for my Bravada, they wouldnt sell it to me... know why???

They said they save up a bunch of crashed Envoy/Trailblazers, sell them to Saudi Arabia and some other country out in the middle east, and ship parts to you guys! Would've even let me touch a side mirror...I had to go on fleabay and buy it.

So I know our trucks were made in Moraine, Ohio USA and Im only a few hours away from where they were made but my local salvage yard would rather send them half a world over because apparently the parts/trucks are in super high demand over there and you guys are paying huge bucks for the parts!!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:
fadyasha - you arent the only one. I bought a Bravada on 10-1-13, and by 10-5-13, the transmission was blown :frown:

Anyways, on a different note, I live in the Detroit area. There are 3 salvage yards by my house that specialize in Trailblazer/Envoys. When I went to buy a mirror off of one for my Bravada, they wouldnt sell it to me... know why???

They said they save up a bunch of crashed Envoy/Trailblazers, sell them to Saudi Arabia and some other country out in the middle east, and ship parts to you guys! Would've even let me touch a side mirror...I had to go on fleabay and buy it.

So I know our trucks were made in Moraine, Ohio USA and Im only a few hours away from where they were made but my local salvage yard would rather send them half a world over because apparently the parts/trucks are in super high demand over there and you guys are paying huge bucks for the parts!!

I hear you loud and clear, that's how it is mainly. Here in ksa the buy these cars in lots. Say one lot is 50 cars, so turns out 20 can be saved while the remaining 30 would go for spare parts. I've seen a couple of gmts which were just imported in and man did they need work. The shop was telling me not to worry and they would fix them up. To make it worse most of the imports I've seen are running over 180k miles on them. Talk about these guys making some serious money. Unfortunately for ppl here not all known where these cars come from but recently carfax reports r being used. Sooner or later this will stop hopefully and only clean titles will come in.

Playsinsnow said:

Here are the pics budd

20131129_121711_zpsd4dfd06b.jpg

2013-11-29130635_zps32f1397f.png

2013-11-29130711_zps2546af38.png

2013-11-29130545_zps06ebf6f2.png

Still haven't had the time to install the headlights guards though lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore