Trans Cooler 4L70E

Black07SS

Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
I have a TBSS with 36k on it, I have a B&M cooler laying around that's good, and want to install it on the truck, where would I mount it?? and wut lines would I need for the trans? I see the two trans lines under the truck, do I tap into them? thanks

Black07SS

Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Thanks, I live on long island about 6 hrs south of u, i never heard of the trans getting that cold lol??

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
There is an adapter you can get to tap into the radiator. eTrailer and a lot of other places with tranny cooler kits carry it.

Black07SS

Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
If my tuner adjusts the line pressure will that make the trams last longer like a shift kit would?

Black07SS

Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Got a Hayden cooler 679, going to put it on, going to run the cooler direct to the tranny, do I need any special fittings or can I just cut and splice and connect with the rubber hose from lines to cooler???

Black07SS

Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
BlazingTrails said:
The rubber hose will fit on the cooler lines. Don't need to cut the factory lines.
Ok thanks, thought they had a neck on them or needed a special fitting

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011

Black07SS

Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
BlazingTrails said:
If you are running directly to the tranny as stated you don't need anything. If piggy back to the factory cooler you will need an adapter or to cut your line. But don't do that....
Yea I will be running both lines to the cooler not using the radiator

Black07SS

Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
BlazingTrails said:
That's how I did mine. I have 2 Hayden 405 coolers. Trans runs 150-160° on the interstate in 100° weather. Have not towed yet. Stock it ran 180-220° not towing.
That's awesome!! Didn't know u could run 2 separate coolers, I'm going to try the one Hayden for now, hopefully my grille comes off easy

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I use a screw driver. Release the 4 tabs across the top of the grille first. Wedge the screw driver in between the grille and core support, and pry the clips loose. Then under the bottom corners, try to get your fingers underneath, and give a good tug. With a little bit of wiggle room, you should be able to slip your fingers behind the sides of the crossbar of the headlights enough to pop the inner clips out first, then the outer ones.

If you've never taken your grille off before, then the clips will be tough, even though I've removed my grille/crossbar more times than I can count, it still takes some effort, although it's easier now, than the first few times I did it. :twocents:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175