FEEDBACK Trailvoy Shenanigans!

ksimm92

Apr 28, 2012
awhile ago I was thinking about joining trailvoy as I visited as a guest frequently, I remember seeing the "no longer with us" under roadie's posts. I ended up searching something on google (I can't remember what now:confused:) but then I stumbled on GMT Nation. Long story short... I JOINED GMT NATION!! :yes:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
ksimm92 said:
...I remember seeing the "no longer with us" under roadie's posts. ...
Yah, they saw members getting suspicious after they posted the truth as my status (and about 100 other former members): "Vertical Scope banned their sorry asses after they showed their disloyalty by starting their own site instead of making us rich by doing free volunteer work while we rake in the ad money."

I think a few folks back there think I rolled off a mountain trail and died.

ksimm92

Apr 28, 2012
the roadie said:
I think a few folks back there think I rolled off a mountain trail and died.

I'm sure quite a few folks are thinking something along that line :crazy:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
ksimm92 said:
I'm sure quite a few folks are thinking something along that line :crazy:
I was thinking that Bill pushed Bill down the stairs. (referring to DucatiSS's old signature over there) :rotfl:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I saw this on July 5th when I went over researching for something and thought to myself...WTF???

Has VS actually showed an interest? Or were they just checking in because there aren't any mods really running the place?

Edit: Just checked and found this post from a poor lost soul, no answer for over a month until the "Super administrator" stepped in.

Attachments

• TV Admin.jpg
    TV Admin.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 43
  • No modson TV.jpg
    No modson TV.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 26

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Adrian (I think that's his name - Stef would know for sure tho) has many other sites - somewhere around 80 - to "admin" on that I'm sure are more populated than TV is now, so I'm thinking that it's quite low on his priority list... they still have their anti-GMTN filter running wild, so that takes care of most of his work...

I chalk it up to his weekly troll / visit...

steven76

Mar 24, 2012
I watched another member from this site post and get banned from Trailvoy yesterday. The below posting was gone within 5 minutes of it being posted.

I don't want to get banned from that site, so I just occasionally directly emailed any users who divulge their actual email address. Only doing this since I'm on vacation this month and experiencing some boredom.

One of my best talents is passive-agressive. :rotfl:

Glad to know that I'm responsible for at least one of the nine new registrations on here yesterday.

Attachments

• shenanigans.jpg
    shenanigans.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 12

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
steven76 said:
I watched another member from this site post and get banned from Trailvoy yesterday. The below posting was gone within 5 minutes of it being posted.
RIP, gutsy ex-member. :thumbsup: Vertical Scope still feels threatened, and unwilling to let members get qualified help with their problems. What a disservice to the community they claim to care about. Liars. All about the ad dollars. They buy sites and don't care ANYTHING about the vehicle platform. Just the eyeballs they're buying.
I don't want to get banned from that site, so I just occasionally directly emailed any users who divulge their actual email address.
In the good old days for 90% of trailvoy's existence, email addresses were part of most member's profiles. Since that was a method of sending invitations that Vertical Scope couldn't control, they felt it necessary to shut off that feature. Since they DON'T CARE if people try to make friendships outside trailvoy and form a community, it's no loss to them. You used to be able to send PMs to more than one member at a time - they also killed that feature off as well.

Sooner or later they will turn off PM's altogether and then the pretense will be totally over. It's all about the ad dollars. Not about answering questions. Not about meets. Not about stickers. Not about friendships. Not about the PEOPLE.

They still sneak in and read PMs, which is now against the data privacy laws in Europe. They need to be very careful whose accounts they read the PMs of. I guess "Private" means nothing when it comes to suppressing the truth and keeping their members ignorant of how the site's deteriorated without engaged and active members and volunteer staff.

View attachment 21801

Attachments

• tumbleweed01.jpg
    tumbleweed01.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 105

Delor

Jul 11, 2012
Well, I was wonder WTF was going on at TV... The help seemed to disappear there lately.. Unless you were looking for something that someone had already asked, you were kinda on your own... Thanks to a PM from a fellow GMTnation member, I am now in the right place.... Owning the oddball Envoy XUV, I have learned we need to stick together as not a ton of people have the same issues we have (my stupid swing touch pad is broke... if you have no idea what I am talking about, be thankful...).

SO, here I am, whether you all like it or not!

Paul

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Delor said:
Well, I was wonder WTF was going on at TV... The help seemed to disappear there lately.. Unless you were looking for something that someone had already asked, you were kinda on your own... Thanks to a PM from a fellow GMTnation member, I am now in the right place.... Owning the oddball Envoy XUV, I have learned we need to stick together as not a ton of people have the same issues we have (my stupid swing touch pad is broke... if you have no idea what I am talking about, be thankful...).

SO, here I am, whether you all like it or not!

Paul

:tiphat: Welcome:tiphat:

In case you haven't heard:
http://gmtnation.com/f5/welcome-gmtnation-com-heres-story-226/

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
CdnGMan said:
Adrian (I think that's his name - Stef would know for sure tho) has many other sites - somewhere around 80 - to "admin" on that I'm sure are more populated than TV is now, so I'm thinking that it's quite low on his priority list... they still have their anti-GMTN filter running wild, so that takes care of most of his work...

I chalk it up to his weekly troll / visit...

There are also "secret" moderators over there who have the ability to delete posts and ban members. How cool is that?!?!:cool:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
MAY03LT said:
There are also "secret" moderators over there who have the ability to delete posts and ban members. How cool is that?!?!:cool:
Hehe. How LAME is that? :redface: Mods that gotta sneak around because if the REAL GMT360 community knew they were whacking members over there for fun and frolic they would be shunned so fast their heads would spin. :confused:

Only a junior high school mentality would enjoy that sort of secret power, like punching puppies when nobody's looking. :no:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I thought you had been on the OS a lot longer than that for some reason :confused:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
I thought you had been on the OS a lot longer than that for some reason :confused:

I was Blazin Trails, but you can't see me :raspberry:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Oh that's right, I remember now. Forgot you changed the name.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Is it just me or on the bottom of that page does it say "trailvoy.com" as a supporting site....for Trailvoy.com?

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
You gotta love how the few `senior` members left there act as though they have no idea as to why things happened as they have...

This aft I`m in the midst of trying to explain to SSILICON why the various OP questions can`t and won`t get answered... what a tool... but it`s fun... :rotfl:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
CdnGMan said:
You gotta love how the few `senior` members left there act as though they have no idea as to why things happened as they have...

This aft I`m in the midst of trying to explain to SSILICON why the various OP questions can`t and won`t get answered... what a tool... but it`s fun... :rotfl:

Is it me or did he make it sound like you were somehow stopping folks from answering questions? I guess it's easier to cry about what you're posting then it is to pick up a shop manual and learn how the temp gauge works.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
MAY03LT said:
Is it me or did he make it sound like you were somehow stopping folks from answering questions? I guess it's easier to cry about what you're posting then it is to pick up a shop manual and learn how the temp gauge works.

That's EXACTLY how he was making it sound!

The funny part was that he was asking why I wouldn't share the obvious answer (as in if you want a logical answer / response, ya gotta join tha Nation!) on the forum and not get them to contact me via email.

I made sure to note that the "private messages" aren't private anymore. LMAO!!

What a tool! :rolleyes:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
So get this, in my quest to help someone out, I decide to call out Petevw on his stance...

Originally Posted by CdnGMan
As are many of the more helpful members...
Oddly Petevw chose otherwise... interesting....

And his rather interesting response was as follows:

I NEVER said I was only a member here. Don't assume....

Which begs the question... who are you on here Pete??? :wink:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have no beef with Pete. I don't really understand wanting to remain on the OS but that's a personal choice. I guess I don't understand why anyone is riding his case about it.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Sparky said:
I have no beef with Pete. I don't really understand wanting to remain on the OS but that's a personal choice.

I don't have a beef with him either as I wouldn't know him if I were to run over him twice... and yeah, considering everything that's gone on regarding the OS, his choice to remain is somewhat questionable, but, as you say, it's his choice...

Sparky said:
I guess I don't understand why anyone is riding his case about it.

I think it boils down to the appearance of supporting what VS has done (or not done) to the "community" over there... his active participation / helping of people over there simply re-enforces that IMO... the fact that VS is still afraid of GMTN and what it represents speaks volumes...

Now, people may say that "well GMan is still over there, so I guess he still supports VS..."

If that's the case, then those people would be dead wrong... yes, I do still have an account over there, but I use it to redirect the noobs over here - where they'll find the help & info that they seek - which was the reason why that SSilicon tool got his knickers in a bunch to start with...

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
CdnGMan said:
I think it boils down to the appearance of supporting what VS has done (or not done) to the "community" over there

Exactly. There were several reasons. One was when they stopped Tapatalk and wanted everyone to buy/use the autoguide app instead. IMO they are an anti-enthusiast business. They don't give a squatch about us or our trucks, only selling adspace for profit. Anyone who supports that, which includes contributing to that site by answering questions, reporting posts, or being a secret moderator, is pretty much saying that they are cool with that. I am not cool with them being cool with that. It's not personal by any means.

Another example happened after we split. They picked up Scosche as a supporting vendor. Clearly VS didn't read the audio threads to see that the scosche adapters are garbage and were not recommended by many of the audio guys. If I stayed there, and posted that the scosche adapters were garbage, I could have received an infraction or possible banning for "insulting" a supporting vendor. The thing is, there is a difference between insulting and posting real life experiences. I've had enough GMs come in on a tow truck because a Scosche adapter pulled down the data bus that I'd be doing the community a disservice by not sharing my experience with them. So of course I'm not going to recommend them. But because Scosche paid to be a vendor, I'd have to keep quiet, or face the consequences. Ugh.

Now, people may say that "well GMan is still over there, so I guess he still supports VS..."

Nah man you're good. Just don't go recommending Scosche!!!!:cool:

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Short Bus said:
I gave him a little help :smile:

I like how subtle you were :thumbsup:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Ok, so over the last week or so, I've "instructed" some noobs on the OS on where to come to get the service manuals and the like... and today I get this from the "Admin"...

Admin said:
Hi there,

How are you? I've been noticing your posts and emailing members to refer to the other site. This is has been so many months old and is not needed at all. As mentioned you are more than welcome to be on both sites but this is not needed. The choice is yours.

Thank you.

Cheers

So I take the time to respond with the below...

Hey there...
I don't dare suggest to anyone in the open forums where to go if they want the help they seek as that would - I do however make it available that if they want help, they're more than free to contact me OUTSIDE of the forum. I see nothing wrong with giving people direction to the info that they're looking for. But since you've been watching / noticing my posts, you've already realized that there are a number of people who are looking for something that is NOT here...

I'm not about to get into an argument with you regarding this, as it's a no-win situation as far as I'm concerned. My reasons for helping those that want it are simple: I want to give back to the community that's helped me. It's pretty obvious by the lack of responses to the numerous questions posed that people are looking for help - help that's not here anymore for various reasons. I dare suggest that if you were about the community as you claim to be, you'd understand that this isn't a personal thing, but one of trying to ensure that the GMT community has access to the best information - regardless of its location.

I'm sure you're aware that the folks over on GMTN acknowledge the fact that TV is a great place for archival info and actually encourage people to visit. You guys (VS) may want to reciprocate that and realize that GMTN is a great place for current knowledge & info - just based on who is actually answering the numerous questions posed.

It's not always about having the most "views" or "eyes" on your site that makes it great.

I know that you and your 2 mods (who seemed to have disappeared as of late) want the site to return to its former glory, but with everything that's gone on, is that really possible? Take a close look at the "Introductions" and see how many posts go unanswered... it never used to be like that...

And you're right, the choice is mine... and for now, I chose to stay and help those looking for help not available here, find it elsewhere. As an enthusiast, that shouldn't pose a problem for you. It's quite possible that in the near future I'll simply say "screw it" and the noobies and the "wanna-be mods" try to figure out the nuances of the TB / Envoy, but for now I'll do what I can to help the noobs - I was one of them too.

Cheers.

So... how much longer until I've joined that illustrious list too?? :rotfl:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Man time to make a new account for you :rotfl: someone might get the boot for that reply but its very true and good job answering back :yes::thumbsup:

Vosper

Jul 18, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Ok, so over the last week or so, I've "instructed" some noobs on the OS on where to come to get the service manuals and the like... and today I get this from the "Admin"...

So I take the time to respond with the below...

Hey there...
I don't dare suggest to anyone in the open forums where to go if they want the help they seek as that would - I do however make it available that if they want help, they're more than free to contact me OUTSIDE of the forum. I see nothing wrong with giving people direction to the info that they're looking for. But since you've been watching / noticing my posts, you've already realized that there are a number of people who are looking for something that is NOT here...

I'm not about to get into an argument with you regarding this, as it's a no-win situation as far as I'm concerned. My reasons for helping those that want it are simple: I want to give back to the community that's helped me. It's pretty obvious by the lack of responses to the numerous questions posed that people are looking for help - help that's not here anymore for various reasons. I dare suggest that if you were about the community as you claim to be, you'd understand that this isn't a personal thing, but one of trying to ensure that the GMT community has access to the best information - regardless of its location.

I'm sure you're aware that the folks over on GMTN acknowledge the fact that TV is a great place for archival info and actually encourage people to visit. You guys (VS) may want to reciprocate that and realize that GMTN is a great place for current knowledge & info - just based on who is actually answering the numerous questions posed.

It's not always about having the most "views" or "eyes" on your site that makes it great.

I know that you and your 2 mods (who seemed to have disappeared as of late) want the site to return to its former glory, but with everything that's gone on, is that really possible? Take a close look at the "Introductions" and see how many posts go unanswered... it never used to be like that...

And you're right, the choice is mine... and for now, I chose to stay and help those looking for help not available here, find it elsewhere. As an enthusiast, that shouldn't pose a problem for you. It's quite possible that in the near future I'll simply say "screw it" and the noobies and the "wanna-be mods" try to figure out the nuances of the TB / Envoy, but for now I'll do what I can to help the noobs - I was one of them too.

Cheers.

So... how much longer until I've joined that illustrious list too?? :rotfl:

Well I hope they dont boot you since you directed me here yesterday, glad I found this site after only 1 day as a member of the (Other site). Ive only owned my Trailblazer for a week now and the Ifo I have found is awesome, thanks for being here.

BINGA

Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
Vosper said:
Well I hope they dont boot you since you directed me here yesterday, glad I found this site after only 1 day as a member of the (Other site). Ive only owned my Trailblazer for a week now and the Ifo I have found is awesome, thanks for being here.

:tiphat: Welcome Vosper! Since you were only on the old site for one day, you don't need to worry too much about the "trickery" that goes on on TrailVoy. You have come to the right place to educate yourself on all things with your new vehicle. Generally speaking, someone here on this site will have the exact answer you are looking for, or in the rare case that no one does, many will try to advise/assist you in discovering the answers you seek, even if that means steering you to the archives on the old site. As mentioned before, TrailVoy was for all intents and purposes "built" into what it is or rather once was by the true enthusiasts and members who now currently reside here on GMTN. Feel free to ask away with any of your questions as there are no dumb questions (or at least you won't be ridiculed here). Just do yourself and everyone here one favor, and don't ask about that pesky little red wire near the battery that's unhooked! :thumbsup:

Vosper

Jul 18, 2012
BINGA said:
:tiphat: Welcome Vosper! Since you were only on the old site for one day, you don't need to worry too much about the "trickery" that goes on on TrailVoy. You have come to the right place to educate yourself on all things with your new vehicle. Generally speaking, someone here on this site will have the exact answer you are looking for, or in the rare case that no one does, many will try to advise/assist you in discovering the answers you seek, even if that means steering you to the archives on the old site. As mentioned before, TrailVoy was for all intents and purposes "built" into what it is or rather once was by the true enthusiasts and members who now currently reside here on GMTN. Feel free to ask away with any of your questions as there are no dumb questions (or at least you won't be ridiculed here). Just do yourself and everyone here one favor, and don't ask about that pesky little red wire near the battery that's unhooked! :thumbsup:

Already read about that wire even though I havent noticed it yet.. But I am Intrested in finding out how to get a GMT sticker.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online