FOR SALE Trailblazer SS handyman special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So $7600 ($10,187 CAD) for basically a body? No thanks although probably just need to transfer all the 2006 stuff onto the 2008 motor or retune the PCM but it's a crapshoot.

My plan would be get the 2008 motor working in the SS, rebuild the 2006 motor and stuff it into my Saab. Then race them both!

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Like most auctions on Ebay, the idiot bidders are trying to win it in the first(not last) five seconds.
I agree, the "great deal" part of this SS is going away real fast :iagree: Mike.

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
It sucks because this is a nice example of a tbss especially being red. no way in hell it is worth anything close to that amount. with no motor it is basically like buying a trailblazer with a bodykit. just because you say its SUPER RARE doesnt mean a thing.

05envoy

Sep 13, 2015
i see several shill bidders there

carshinebob

Jun 13, 2014
As a long time ebay watcher and user, I see a consistent pattern of shill bidding on a huge number of auctions. What to look for is lots of early bidding right out of the gate. It doesn't always mean there's shill bidding, but it is something to think about when you see it. Unfortunately it's possible to buy bidding software or subscribe to shill bidding services that will bid up to a certain price for you. Shill bidding is against ebay rules and is illegal in most states, but no one seems to be enforcing the rules or laws. very disappointing. ~BOB

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Now at $9600? Nobody in their right mind would buy this.

Reactions: northcreek

05envoy

Sep 13, 2015
if you click on the masked bidders name it gives you the % of bids with that seller

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I ran into a 2007 SWB with a 5.3L on a WI Craigslist page yesterday, cheaper than that...and it's red, too... it's about 40mi NW of Rockford, IL

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5797137531.html

As for the owner's story in that auction...looking for a year, driving from GA > AR and back... and then not checking the oil...and continuing to *drive* it when they saw the oil light come on? That defines idiocy. Then he goes and sinks more money into that thing...over $30K all in, IIRC?

As they say...a fool and their $... (assuming he's not making up a sob story).

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Yeah, I thought that the story was a little fishy too. The sellers history shows that he has bought and sold several vehicles on eBay, so why would a supposed car guy disregard an oil light? then buy the wrong motor :weird: Mike.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: xavierny25

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
:crackup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't think it's the same one.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Same State,city,mileage,SN. If not it's one hell of a coincidence. Why I'm so obsessed with this SS is freaking me out:yikes:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, really! I didn't check that deep into it. Says it's a 6.0L and at that price, it better be working (and the reserve isn't even met!). Seems overpriced to me but that could be the exchange rate talking ($22k CAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.