Trailblazer rear blower staying on

Dpack

Original poster
May 19, 2013
Hi there, newbie here. My friend has an 03 Trailblazer that they recently purchased. Great vehicle, but the rear blower motor is not working correctly. We found that the fuse under the back seat was pulled, so put a new fuse in and the blower came on. The vehicle was off and the key was not in the ignition. Took the fuse back out. Later that day we started it and put the fuse back in and the blower did not come on. Tried turning it on, but didn't get anything. After a couple minutes it came on at I would guess a medium speed. We could not adjust the speed of the blower and I don't think adjusting the floor/vent control did anything but I'm not positive on that. The rear control display seems to be working correctly - it always changes as it should when buttons are pushed on it. I did some research but couldn't find any threads with this particular problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Daniel

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome! Assume you have the long wheelbase EXT version? Could you fill out the vehicle profile so we could be sure?

You need a new blower speed module, and that phrase should be good for a search. Buy a new one at the local parts store, rockauto.com, Ebay or Amazon. Shun the dealer unless you have a good relationship and discount with them.

rearactuators-orig.jpg

Dpack

Original poster
May 19, 2013
You assume correctly, EXT with the 3rd row :smile: Thank you so much for your help! It is greatly appreciated! I will get the part and get to work tearing into it. Thanks again!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online