Torque app

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Here are the tests that they do in Ontario. Basi9cally the same tests that are checked by Torque's I/M Readiness. I would imagine that those States/Provinces that use the plug-in type test use the same process.

Ontario used to have only tailpipe test up until a couple of years ago but was probably too costly and limited the number of places you can test at. Now, quick lube places can quickly do the test.

ON E-Test.jpg

You'll notice that I had a "not ready" for the evap test. That's because the rules here allow for one of the tests to not be ready, which makes sense because some tests, like the evap, don't run below a certain temperature.

On a side note, if you have tuned out a persistent error which no longer turns on the CEL, it will not detect it unless it's one of the "core" tests above. For example, I had the fan and P1345 codes turned off in a tune in my I6 TB. Passed with flying colours. I don't know what it would do if you tune out the SAIS and how the e-test would react to it. Maybe the software would know it's supposed to be there according to model and year, or maybe not.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
At $170.00 for the DASHBOSS Hardware and the modest cost for the IPhone-Ipad Air II APP...

The only Questions are:

(1) Will this Device work with the Early Model TBs/Envoys, Raniers.
(2) Will this Device perform Any or All of the functions that a GM Tech II Unit performs?

http://www.dashboss.com/

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
1) Probably
2) No

Looks like it does the same as a BT interface and Torque but way more expensive. Only high end scanners ($$$), like Snap-On, can even think of coming close to the Tech 2, which is king.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher