Tool Review: AIRCAT 40" Sculpted Creeper

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This is the Un-Boxing of an AIRCAT Very Low Profile Sculpted Creeper recently On Sale at ToolTopia.com. If you can lay your hands on one of these… Gone will be the days of Banging your Coconut on the Lower Frames as you slide underneath your Cars and Trucks. This is a very sturdy Blow-Molded Solid Plastic Design that supports up to 350 LBS. But... it is a bit touchy to install the wheels on this thing and it is very EZ to FUBAR what should be a job that takes only around 10 Minutes to assemble when done carefully. Pay attention to the “One Image” Directions before installing the Hardware and use a Ratchet with a 10 MM Deep Socket as the only Tools needed for this “Some Assembly Required” Device.

Before you begin to install the wheels... Clean out all (6) of the Holes in the Perimeter Body of the Creeper, as the Plastic Residue “Over-Burden” Chunks will seriously block the assembly process. Tighten the Locking Nuts ALL THE WAY DOWN… BUT... When the turning Stops abruptly, You should Stop, too. Before You Begin To Rock & Roll on this thing... Don't forget to Sweep or Hose Down All of the Dirt and Grit off of your Driveway... as this style of Rubberized Red Plastic Wheel will erase themselves like No. 2 Pencil Erasers during Final Exams as you slide around on anything abrasive.

The Two Tool Trays sitting at Arms Length will help to keep things within reach and the Curved, Shapely Design where you lay will be EZ on the Spine. Your Shoulders will LOVE the Freedom of Movement the Cut-Outs will afford you when reaching in directions that usually involve dislocation of them to get to work areas that are hard to access. At 40" in length... Its a Long, Lean and Beautiful Tool. When my wife saw me "Putting the Music to it..." she surprisingly mentioned,"That Thing Looks Like the Ferrari of Creepers...!" I could not agree more. Have a Rockin’ & Rollin’ Good Time with this Jet Black and Hot-Rod Red looking thing! ;>)

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60dgrzbelow0/library/AIRCATCREEPER?sort=3&page=1

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
You know, I saw your first post on this the other day, but decided not to reply.

I'll vouch for this creeper if it's sourced from the same place that I got mine - except for the graphics / color of this one, it's a twin of mine (which is all red with a black foam headrest. Same tool inserts on each side, same 6 red wheels (and your analogy of them as being like 'pencil erasers during final exams' is fitting, as well - I laughed when I read this) :dielaugh: Although the surface end isn't 'new' looking any longer, they are holding up - IIRC, and as you state above - they're made of rubber, not cheap flimsy plastic (I broke a wheel on my other creeper, described below.) One difference - they came installed on mine - ready to use.

Another thing, and this is probably most important - it's much more comfortable than the 'standard' frame creepers with the adjustable backpiece - and sturdier, too. The 'shoulder' cutouts are a big reason for this.

I will testify to its comfort...spent many hours on mine putting in my transmission kit from CTPowertrain a few months back. And it'll be getting another extended workout very soon.

They're even similarly priced, I believe.
The difference? Mine came from Harbor Freight - so if anyone misses out on this product, it will be possible to get one elsewhere. Might be a little cheaper even, with a '20% off' coupon.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
too late. They're out of stock.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
The weight limit is no where close to 350 lbs. It took very little use before the plastic was tearing around the wheel plates on mine. That was only supporting 300lbs. It is an inexpensive and comfortable creeper, I would just caution you to trust it for much more than 250lbs.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I have clearance issues whenever I use a creeper so I just use a cushioned pad.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@northcreek... The one mentioned by @Reprise as "Big Red" that looks identical to the AIRCAT is available on Amazon right now for $32.56 with Free S&H.... and likewise ...Amazon currently has 20 of the AIRCAT Creepers available for around $55.00 as well. @Mooseman... I did notice the discrepancy in how much weight the device can carry on theInstructions (see the images above):

"Big Red"

upload_2017-3-15_9-23-51.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002E1AYTU/?tag=gmtnation-20

"AIRCAT"

upload_2017-3-15_9-24-19.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/Aircat-100-C-40-Composite-Creeper/dp/B01N1MEFW0?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01N1MEFW0

Last edited:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I have clearance issues whenever I use a creeper so I just use a cushioned pad.
Yes! clearance, one of the many reasons why "I never met a creeper that I didn't hate" :biggrin:

Well, maybe this one....
51VlbFk4cnL.jpg

Last edited:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Tiny H/J for a Giggle here...

I've been thinking about using those "Mad Inventor" Skills of mine and copping Marty McFly's BTTF Hover-Board Design and steal Doctor M. Emmet Brown's Tin Foil Hat and bury some HUGE Ultra-Strong Mag-Lev Quality Neodymium Magnets under the work areas of my driveway. Then ...after strapping a few smaller, Polarity Matched ones face down under the AIRCAT:

"Maahhhtee....If my calculations are correct... When this GMT Nation DMC AIRCAT Creeper Hits 88 Miles per Hour... You're gonna see some Serious Sh*t!"

"Creeper Wheels? Where we're going... We don't NEED Creeper Wheels!"

Last edited:

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
I have the Harbor Freight plastic creeper, found it to be unusable for us bigger guys, and I'm not 350. It bows in the middle and the bottom of the curve drags on the ground making maneuvering a real pain. I replaced with a Craftsman with a metal frame, no dragging issues, just junk on the floor blocking my wheel issues. Can't blame the creeper for that...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online