To the Mods....

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
djthumper said:
See, roadie knew who I meant was being lazy.

I know how long the site has been here since I joined up before the big exodus. :wink:

Okay.:biggrin:

So you were around when the big bang happend and this site was created. :undecided:

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
I say Merry Christmas, because I am proud of my belief in Santa.

I don't understand why people get so best out of shape about something so trivial, whether you're the one whining about someone trying to be pleasant saying merry christmas, or if you're up in arms because someone is trying to avoid offending the aforementioned bitchy little girls by saying happy holidays. People need to stop being so damn concerned about what other people do that isn't hurting anyone.

The government absolutely has no right to directly or indirectly endorse any religion. A private party, business, or organization absolutely does have the right to their beliefs (exceptions being hiring practices, discrimination, etc.) Does GMTNation have the right to say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays? Sure. But they're trying to be an inclusive community rather than an exclusive one, as they should be.

Shabba

Dec 1, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Chevy trucks are driven in parts of the world where there is no freedom of speech. :undecided:

I don't dispute that fact. To me, however, Chevy Trucks are, and always have been a symbol of what America is about (and yes, I realize we have other nationalities here as well, and I won't rain on their parade if they want to sing the praises of their fair nations), as much as the Stars & Stripes, The Bald Eagle, and the Statue of Liberty.

I have a hard time putting it into words, but the "Happy Holidays" thing really bothers me, in the world and on the web. Ideally, if you are Jewish, and I walk up to you and say "Merry Christmas", my ultimate intention is to bid you goodwill and brighten your day. For you to say "I don't celebrate Christmas, and you're insensitive for bringing it up" is totally . . .. . .well, douchy. I would have no problem with someone responding to my "Merry Christmas" with a "Happy Hanukkah", "Happy Holidays", "Have a Great Day", "Thanks, you too" or even just "Thanks"

You see, "Thanks" is a simple way to say "I appreciate the gesture, even though your beliefs and mine are not the same"

Our Society has become a culture where people interpret words based on their own agenda, rather than based on the intent behind them, and that is not a step in a positive direction by any means.

In closing, Merry Christmas to you all. Thank you to those that read my mini-rant. May whatever you believe in this holiday season keep you well, and brighten your life.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Lima Tango said:
I say Merry Christmas, because I am proud of my belief in Santa.
:thumbsup: View attachment 17437

Lima Tango said:
Does GMTNation have the right to say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays? Sure. But they're trying to be an inclusive community rather than an exclusive one, as they should be.
Didn't I just say that? :raspberry:

Shabba said:
I don't dispute that fact. To me, however, Chevy Trucks are, and always have been a symbol of what America is about (and yes, I realize we have other nationalities here as well, and I won't rain on their parade if they want to sing the praises of their fair nations)
Oh, I know...just throwing that out there. :biggrin:

BTW - Merry Christmas everyone!!! :cool:

Attachments

• santa-smiley-ho-ho-ho.gif
    santa-smiley-ho-ho-ho.gif
    12 KB · Views: 46

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Robert Heinlein proposed that only two laws would be needed in a rational society:

1) Do not offend others.

2) Do not be too easily offended.

:thumbsup:

Another wonderful quote:

“I was not offended, my love. An insult is like a drink; it affects one only if accepted. And pride is too heavy baggage for my journey...”

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online