Tire pressure sensor replacement

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I did mine(07) last year and they installed them without disturbing the balance, just broke the bead on one side. I bought AC Delco sensors (Amazon)check the date code, it looks like a minuture clock...you don't want to go through the trouble and expense when they've already spent three years of life on a shelf. I went with Delco/Amazon for that reason, other sellers couldn't give me the date code.
The ones that you are looking at might be a gamble and the install will cost you twice if they are junk...Mike.
ps AZ has the nut kits for less than $2 ea.

Reactions: dmanns67

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It looks like a good deal but probably cheap Chinese clones. Might be good, might not. The new type don't have nuts, just a regular rubber stem.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The one I got was from the dealer (which oddly enough was the cheapest at the time). Could be a difference with models.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
:iagree:

If you are going to pay the money to replace the TPMS sensors, you might as well replace them with a sensor known to last. ACDelco sensors have a life span of 8-10 years and they DO require a mounting nut, that is if you have the RPO code UJ6 on your data plate in the glove box. If you have UJ6 on your data plate, below are the part numbers for the sensor and mounting nut.

IMG_20151213_174156.jpg

Reactions: Mooseman and Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online