Time for new Mods!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
the roadie said:
First time I've seen an automotive repair device in the Middle East with a safety device still attached and not defeated!

:raspberry:

View attachment 7773

lool! we still do have some safety left. I bet you 1 year down the line it would be shot lol!

Now guys I need help :sadcry: ! the right side keeps squeaking. We just reassembled everything all over again. It was fine for the first circle around the block but then squeaky again. I'm also feeling an unusual wobble in the steering when hitting a pot hole. I'm still using monroe shocks but I don't think that's the problem. The custom lift I had is the same as Marks. (I did an alignment straight after the installation)

After battling with this I gave up and now consulting the experts :tongue: Gonna give this another shot tomorrow but need fresh ideas. Is the rubber piece on the top the problem? My buddy at the shop says its not.

Are we sure the noise is coming from the spacer yup we're sure. We used those scope things lol! he was bouncing the car and I was listening. could it be because of this?? The extra rubber mount on the top? Maybe if I just lose the extra rubber mounts and get new factory mounts.

Update: I also just realized the original washers were used not the new ones. :hissyfit: But if that's the case why is the noise coming from the passenger side only?

Untitled-2.jpg

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
Try some silicone lube stuff....easiest way to find something like that scuba supply...saudi...scuba.. bwhahaha.not funny.....that type of lube doesn't dissolve the rubber, big & small screwdriver, spray silicon to work it in hope this helps w/o dissassembly. GL...

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
the roadie said:
First time I've seen an automotive repair device in the Middle East with a safety device still attached and not defeated!

:raspberry:

View attachment 7773

Not even one year. Just now we were compressing the spring and apparently he didn't put it properly! My god luckily no one got hurt!

everything flew off like from a sling shot! Shit flew right over my head! Now back to gathering this crap

This is what skinned my head! Man was lucky

58cd80a5.jpg

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
the roadie said:
Could it be the INSIDE washer? Mark and SuspensionMAXX provide washers with a smaller diameter than stock for the inside jounce washer location.

Hey guys sorry didn't update sooner! Mission complete, installation done and rides perfect! The problems were the inside washers, and the upper mounts. We used the Old washers leaving behind the shiny ones. The upper mounts seemed to be toast too so got GM mounts Took the truck for a ride and no squeaking noise and rides much better plus no wobbly steering. I gotta say mark has great customer service! Thanks to all the guys that chimed in! Will add pix to marks album later

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Back to modding. So I lied the lift wasn't my last mod for this month. Just installed my new HIDS. They need alignment but this is how it looks. Got 6000k now

acd2dca7.jpg

91476350.jpg

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
fadyasha said:
Nope got eagle eyes with projectors. Stocks won't give that output :smile:

Was just curious, some people foolishly put them in reflector housing.

I am about to install retro-fit projectors as I've been guilty of being one of those fools for a few months.

Looks good! Post up a picture of the cut off!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
mikekey said:

I am about to install retro-fit projectors as I've been guilty of being one of those fools for a few months.

So was I at a point Til I got these! Cut off isn't great for the eagle eyes but look great! I sent smitty a request for a retrofit which reminded me he replied lol!

I just had so much to do the past few days! The retrofit would be my last mod project after the HU then need to hold off for a while. Having a 10 month old is making it difficult :smile:)

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
fadyasha said:
Nope got eagle eyes with projectors. Stocks won't give that output :smile:

mikekey said:

Oh yeah?! I dont know man mine are in stock housing and they seem to do fine!!! Yes projectors are way better but cannot say they dont give good output!! lol the envoy has good stock housing vs other cars!!

IMG_15361.jpg

photo121.jpg

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Oh yeah?! I dont know man mine are in stock housing and they seem to do fine!!! Yes projectors are way better but cannot say they dont give good output!! lol the envoy has good stock housing vs other cars!!

:iagree: Mine have been in my stock housing for over 2 years, and have had no issues and no complaints from oncoming cars. And in my opinion, i think the stock housings look better than the projectors. I typically prefer projectors on most other vehicles, but (again, my opinion) i think the TrailBlazers and Envoys look better with the stockers...

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
There is a difference in output between projector and the stock housing along with the dispersal of beam pattern. I had HID's on my Audi and have retro-fits on my Corvette that project a much more focused beam pattern onto the road head and not all over the road and side of the road.

I've been high beamed by a number of drivers who think I have high beams on when I don't, which is why the retro-fits are going in this weekend. Well, if I finish the project in two days.

However, I'm running 5000 temp bulbs at 55 watts. Higher temps don't seem to be nearly as blinding as you go more blue into purple. So another factor can be your temp. But.... anything is really an improvement over stock.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
mikekey said:
There is a difference in output between projector and the stock housing along with the dispersal of beam pattern. I had HID's on my Audi and have retro-fits on my Corvette that project a much more focused beam pattern onto the road head and not all over the road and side of the road.

I've been high beamed by a number of drivers who think I have high beams on when I don't, which is why the retro-fits are going in this weekend. Well, if I finish the project in two days.

However, I'm running 5000 temp bulbs at 55 watts. Higher temps don't seem to be nearly as blinding as you go more blue into purple. So another factor can be your temp. But.... anything is really an improvement over stock.

Well that's why you get high beamed lol your running 55w HIDs in a stock housing. You have 5000 which is one of the brightest temps also. So you can't really blame the stock housing :wink: also you can just aim the lights down a bit, even with projectors the 55w will still seem bright to people drive pass you, you will hit bumps etc which will beam the lights at them. I have 35w ones in mine and never had a problem, I even adjusted them a bit higher so I can get more use of them (I made sure they don't affect anyone) and still no problems.

The higher you get in temp just gets annoying as hell. Pisses me off when I see a ricer with bright dark blue or purple. Looks bad and I highly doubt they can even see anything with such a high temp! And there illegal also! Atleast here they are

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
That output is not half bad. My stockers weren't giving that output.

Difference of opinions yes. Sometimes I feel the urge to go back to them with clear corners but then I get all soft :tongue: I just love the angel eyes :smile:

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Same here. With 35watt kits and running 4300k low beams. I havent been highbeamed at all. And i live in NYC. Only people i see that are high beamed are the ricers with Blue and purple.:smile::thumbsup:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Yaaay finally got my HU installed! Steering controls won't work though! Dunno why, it got programmed sucfessfully and everything but they won't work eh!

425860fd.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
fadyasha said:
Yaaay finally got my HU installed! Steering controls won't work though! Dunno why, it got programmed sucfessfully and everything but they won't work eh!

You know what would make the steering wheel controls start working properly? LEDs in the HVAC module, 4WD, and rear wiper switches!! :yes: :dielaugh:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Looool! Soon soon my friend! I feel so stupid, there was a USB cable in the back I thought what the hell just cut it because it was taking too much space and besides there's a USB slot in the front!

If only I knew ! It was the Bluetooth dongle! :s ! I can still reconnect / solder again to make it work but it's dark out now and I really hate taking apart the dash while it's 42 degrees celsius :tongue: frigging hot outside!

I end up getting pissed and cursing especially when the turn signal handle is sticking out there like a middle finger lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online