Time for all good members to come to the aid of the site

mikemas

Jul 25, 2014
Speaking personally I know that I've gotten so many ideas and how to's from the lift to fixing things that my support was long overdue, plus the GMT community is awesome. Wish I coulda done more but the Army went and took all my extra money while I'm in school. :hissyfit: :sadcry:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
triz said:
This is a great forum and everyone here is very helpful.
Hell, we even help DODGE owners! (and don't diss them about it neither)

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
Guys, I dont want to clutter this thread at all and if this is something that would like to be discussed in PM or something please let me know. I have a vinyl side business that i manage and I would be willing to donate one free gmtnation sticker with every $40+ donation/subscription to the website. I do not post to this site very much because I dont have many problems with my truck and I dont know a whole ton about them yet, but I browse the threads daily. This is coming from a person that also owns a website (free hosting) but I notice the decline in traffic due to social media taking over and I would not like to see this happen here. I will also be donating what I can when I can to help you guys.

The first month I got my envoy I found you guys on the other site and I met up with carlton, jimmyjam and quite a few other guys at a meet in orlando and I was welcomed like family. I have not had the pleasure to meet back up with any of these guys yet but everyone I met was really awesome, willing to help with anything and was a great group of guys.

I will end my long story and click that donate button, again MODS if you like the idea of free stickers with the 40.00+ donation/subscription let me know and I'll gladly help out and even come out of pocket for the shipping if needed.

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Thanks for the sticker offer - now we have MULTIPLE sticker vendor offers and a shortage of admin time to manage the process. We also have a volunteer to help deal with merchandise like stickers, and we'll be handling that in PMs. So if you could just PM me, ghoster and jman423 as a reminder, we'll get back to you ASAP. We're not forgetting Jeff, either.

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
Any way you could add it in with the purchase (maybe a promo code or something of that nature) that will notify respective vendors of the "demand" for the product? Maybe choices as to what free decal you would want? Just an idea. I myself am in no way familiar with how websites are maintained/run, but thought maybe that would be a way to do so. If not I'd be willing to have emails sent to me for "orders" to send to vendors, given I had their contact info. I'm on the forum daily and check my emails constantly. Just thought I'd throw it out there. I can't do much but I'd like to help if I can.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Is Paypal the only option for billing?

Mike w

Jun 24, 2014
Jman423 said:
You should be able to use PayPal to pay by credit card without the need for a PayPal account. It should give you the option during checkout.
I payed with a debit card thru PayPal guest checkout.

Reactions: The_Roadie

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
I also did a small donation from what I had left on my PayPal account, I haven't been using it for a long time and thought it's better to give it to you guys instead of just sitting there.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Agreed

Reactions: x0duke0x

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Love the site guys. It's a wonderful community and very active. :grouphug: Like it so much I made a little deal with High Voltage. :thumbsup:

swede

Jun 22, 2014
I'v been on all kinds of car forums sense 1998 when I moved to the states, this one is far one of the best I even been on so I donated $100 a couple of Days ago, sadly I donated Before I found out the option to purchase a membership.

But Jman 423 was going to fix it for me so I get a membership for the $$ instead of just a donation.

Keep up the good work and I keep sending you $ ones a year :smile:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
swede said:
I'v been on all kinds of car forums sense 1998 when I moved to the states, this one is far one of the best I even been on so I donated $100 a couple of Days ago, sadly I donated Before I found out the option to purchase a membership.

But Jman 423 was going to fix it for me so I get a membership for the $$ instead of just a donation.

Keep up the good work and I keep sending you $ ones a year :smile:
Your contribution is greatly appreciated, its people like you that make this forum the best!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I have a question about membership pending in the client area...for the last two days. I paid for 12 months membership in April last year, yet it expires on January 8th. Am I going to get a refund for the time I'm not getting or is my membership going to be extended for the time I actually paid for?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Matt said:
I have a question about membership pending in the client area...for the last two days. I paid for 12 months membership in April last year, yet it expires on January 8th. Am I going to get a refund for the time I'm not getting or is my membership going to be extended for the time I actually paid for?
We see the support ticket you submitted on this. That's an issue Jman is gonna have to address. Either way, I'm sure he'll make it right and take care of you.

qsp01

Aug 26, 2012
I missed the renewal email and donated anyway last week then realized to get the membership upgrade you have to go to the "Store". So I just went for the Silver Membership ... glad to help support this great site and many thanks to the staff and members who help each other. Perhaps you could add a link on the donate now to show the membership options.

Thanks, Doug

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I've been away for a while due to traveling almost non-stop traveling for work. I re-upped my annual membership a couple of days ago.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Bump, for those that missed this thread. Donations can be given year-round, not only when the bill is due.

Engine fan roared all the way from Oak Ridge to Chattanooga (hour and a half), trouble code indicated fan rpm too high. Quick investigation after studying GMTN determined the fan clutch finally went out (126K miles).

Rock Auto delivery and self installation was painless, thanks to the info by friends here. Well worth chipping in by anyone that benefits from this data.

Ride on!

NeWtIcUs

Dec 6, 2011
I hadn't realized there was a manual renewal. I'm browsing on here enough that I should have known better.

However, I'm now "newed" up.

Ciao.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Seems Paypal is the only option to support the site, not cool :no:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I don't think a paypal account is required. They're just the handler.

... is this a problem for some reason?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Sparky said:
I don't think a paypal account is required. They're just the handler.

... is this a problem for some reason?
Ya I can't get past it. Says I need to set up a Paypal account with a password and agree to Paypal user terms. What am I missing?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.