Time for all good members to come to the aid of the site

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
The 1% fact struck me as quite odd. I just assumed there were many more paying than that. We know everyone saves a ton after learning the DIY from here. ME INCLUDED!

It's the one percenters that make the NATION go around! :crackup:

The wife just lost her job, but I'll chip in a bonus now for the quick need ~ and WHEN we get to 2%~. You'll have to keep me posted.

~ $1.00 FROM EACH AND WE GET GRAVY ~
images.jpg

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
If we had a dollar from EVERY registered member, it would indeed be gravy. And the lurkers are even more numerous than that. It's the way of open-source software as well. And Public Broadcasting.

Some of the reasons for the 1% is non-renewal. But for FOUNDING members who joined up during the Great Trailvoy Exodus, and knew very well the non-profit mission we were on, to not renew is just plain forgetful, IMHO.

Thanks to all the recent joiners! It doesn't go to line the pockets of the staff - or corporate parasites in Toronto - it goes to the site hosting and licenses to keep the resource going to save fellow OWNER'S money.

I read about your wife - sorry.....

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
The_Roadie said:
If we had a dollar from EVERY registered member, it would indeed be gravy. And the lurkers are even more numerous than that. It's the way of open-source software as well. And Public Broadcasting.
1.) Get a dollar for every member
2.) Tally up dollars, plan a small ad campaign
3.) Use the ad money to buy a slot on Trailvoy's sponsors bar
4.) ????
5.) Profit in the form of laughter all around

reedtchsrv

May 24, 2013
64 just seems really sad. I have personally saved thousands of dollars on what I've learned from the people running this place.

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There have been some donations by folks not jumping to the Premium Member threshold, and their support is also appreciated! And extra generous donations by folks who are ALREADY Premium Members. Thanks everyone for stepping up and recognizing this site would not EXIST except for wanting to help owners save money and keep their trucks on the road.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Roadie is correct, i did forget to include those that dontated outside of the Premum Supporting Memberships. There were 11 additional donations to fit in that category. Thank you to everyone that supports this community, whether you donate financially or contribue to the resources we offer.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
The_Roadie said:
It *is* difficult, however, being the point guy in this thread however. :redface: Thanks for proving the GMTN mission still has legs. :thumbsup: :yes:
TIme is scarce these days... There isn't enough time in my day to come home from work and then starting working on the websites and still have time to rally and woo the members (as only you can do). Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Drag Ghoster into this, he's much better with the witty come-backs.

Reactions: Robbabob

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Oh, I didn't mean it was hard time-wise ..... I just meant I haven't been a phone volunteer on an NPR beg-a-thon since the 70's in Boston. It's the admitting the site needs continuing support for the mission that's a bit out of my comfort zone.

May 5, 2013
Of all the forums that I am (or was) on, this is the first one I've ever felt was worth paying for. You guys got a great thing going on here so I ponied up for a membership. Great work everyone, thanks.

Mike w

Jun 24, 2014
SmokeyMcBlazer said:
Of all the forums that I am (or was) on, this is the first one I've ever felt was worth paying for. You guys got a great thing going on here so I ponied up for a membership. Great work everyone, thanks.
you got that right bro. I have NEVER paid for a sub before until I met GMT you guys make this site worth my dollar. GMTN all the way.

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
The_Roadie said:
Ray, you just wanted to be the Ancient and Honourable Premium Member #69, I bet. Well, you win. :thumbsup:
Which is odd, because I thought I was already a premium member as of about a month or more ago.. :undecided:

I was just trying to make another donation on top of that.

But I'll take the 69! :tongue:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

reedtchsrv

May 24, 2013
Just kicked in a little coin.

If anyone has ever saved some dimes from the information on this site, I challenge you to donate some nickels.

reedtchsrv

May 24, 2013
Sorry. Forgot to include my sad dog.

Attachments

• P1000164.JPG
    P1000164.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 36

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Even just having access to the manuals in our Technical Discussion area rather than going out and buying them is an instant-savings that esteemed member Mooseman provides at absolutely no charge.

Corrected by the Roadie - Mooseman hosts them and pays for the bandwidth to save the burden being on the site, although we would gladly pick them up if he ever can't continue for whatever reason.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Heck this site has even helped me on the Ford Exploder we picked up for the kids to use. Unfortunately it looks like it has a left rear axle seal leak. Don't know if I'll get to fixing it myself but I did top off the differential today.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online