Throttle Body & Accelerator Assemblies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylab

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
I replaced the Throttle Body & Accelerator Pedal Assemblies last winter after having a random code pop up a few times over the course of several weeks. - It would just pop up once every two weeks give or take, usually when I wasn't in a position to properly diagnose the problem.

Anyway, the error still occasionally occurred after swapping in the parts, so odds are that one or both of these guys are just fine. - They are the original parts, so I'm only asking for offers....if you need one for parts, testing, etc, make me an offer for the set. As I stated, replacing them didn't totally fix my issue and would still get a throttle performance code (tb wasn't opening fast enough if you goosed it).

If you'd like them to play with (I'm 99.9% sure the accelerator is perfectly fine, just swapped the set out), make me an offer. Heck, if you buy the PCM or some of the other parts, I might be able to toss them in the same box for free).

Thanks,
Ray aka YLAB
cyberdog433@hotmail.com

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
ylab said:
I replaced the Throttle Body & Accelerator Pedal Assemblies last winter after having a random code pop up a few times over the course of several weeks. - It would just pop up once every two weeks give or take, usually when I wasn't in a position to properly diagnose the problem.

Anyway, the error still occasionally occurred after swapping in the parts, so odds are that one or both of these guys are just fine. - They are the original parts, so I'm only asking for offers....if you need one for parts, testing, etc, make me an offer for the set. As I stated, replacing them didn't totally fix my issue and would still get a throttle performance code (tb wasn't opening fast enough if you goosed it).

If you'd like them to play with (I'm 99.9% sure the accelerator is perfectly fine, just swapped the set out), make me an offer. Heck, if you buy the PCM or some of the other parts, I might be able to toss them in the same box for free).

Thanks,
Ray aka YLAB
cyberdog433@hotmail.com
An FYI, if your rig is an '04 you probably just need to flash your PCM... P1680 & or P0606

ylab

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Wasn't that simple, mine was an '02, the PCM flash didn't apply and actually had the newest code flashed back in '08 or '09 by Western's Garage. I also had some other issues going on with an intermittent misfire, not bad enough to set a code, but annoying as hell at idle. There was a bit of a shake, audible exhaust hiccup and mixed up fuel trim. We swapped PCMs back to the stock, plugs, coils, CPAS, etc, and just nothing seemed to improve it. - Just several little gremlins that we couldn't get a handle on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online