Those of you with 32s... Performance?

WishinforanSS

Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
OK guy I am going to be getting a lift and tires here pretty soon. I keep trying to talk myself into getting 265/70/16s and saving the money on spacers lol. But then I see a picture of someones truck on 265/75/16s and it just looks so much better.

So my question to those of you with 265/75/16s or 17s is: How much did the bigger tire hinder your performance? Now I know these are not racecars; however, I do enjoy the power that I currently have. My truck has 3.42 gears and I do tow a trailer from time to time.

Thanks, Jacob

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Do you have a tune yet? If not, do the tires and tune together and enjoy the best performance you're going to have without regearing.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Its a little slower but i really dont punch it or anything. I baby mine for MPG's. 9 years and i dont think i ever floored it. Maybe once or twice wile passing.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Pittdawg said:
Boo. I'll trade you my better mpg envoy than....

He's floored the SS....trust me on that one!!

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
Meh, it's not too noticeable on the butt dyno. Mpg wise I feel it. I tow a 3200lb boat and trailer, get a trans cooler... I only towed it once this fall to storage when it was low 40's and I didn't like my trans temps one bit. I have since ordered one.

WishinforanSS

Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Opeth said:
Meh, it's not too noticeable on the butt dyno. Mpg wise I feel it. I tow a 3200lb boat and trailer, get a trans cooler... I only towed it once this fall to storage when it was low 40's and I didn't like my trans temps one bit. I have since ordered one.

what kind of mpg are you seeing? right now i'm getting 19 on the highway and around 16.5 mixed

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online