the beaSSt is gone....

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
and this is what i got...

20130227_123334_zps761511ec.jpg

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO i didnt get rid of the beaSSt for this :rotfl:... this is my rental car for the next few weeks... but i must admit... if i was a family man, and we were in the market for a new vehicle... this one would get my vote... not so spacious for 4 adults... but for like a family with one or two children... perfect car... every single bell and whistle you can think of... and im enjoying my satalite XM radio :rotfl:

as for the reason why i have a rental... you guessed it... motor number 4 will be going into the beaSSt... we are battling GMPP right now, and i even took it as high as contacting GM... but GM separated from GMPP over 5 years ago... so GM couldnt do anything for me... here's the funny thing about GMPP... with them giving me 2 reman'd motors, they were only saving $700 per motor (since thats the price difference from a new crate motor over a GMPP reman motor), now this will be the 3rd motor from GMPP... you can all do the math there lol... times that by the labor for all the work and the shipping costs... stupid GMPP... im still not guarenteed a brand new crate motor, and I/we are at the mercy of GMPP and their decision... but this will be the last draw for the beaSSt... if things can not be fixed the fourth time around, she will be traded in or sold, and i will move on from the 360 platform... so fingers crossed here... :quiverlips:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
You won't get rid of her.....too much history buddy. Good luck. And if u do ..... I have 1st dibs on your go fast parts....
Muhahahahaha

Ed H

Oct 18, 2012
You had me fooled...

I can NOT believe you need another motor!?! I'll have to look for the thread(s) I missed where you provide details. That really sucks, and doesn't say much for reman motors. Fingers crossed you get a crate motor this time!

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Unbelievable. Truly unbelievable. Hopefully 4th time is the charm. Enjoy the Cruze, they are nice!

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yes this will be the 4th motor going in... and this doesnt say so much about reman'd motors, just says alot of things about Dahmer Powertrain Inc... thats where GMPP is sending the motors from...

both the dealership and myself are demanding a crate motor.. and like i said.. GMPP only saves $700 between a reman'd and a crate motor... my truck has been at a dealership for a total of 6 months now with all these motor issues... i asked the GMPP adjuster if i could get 6 months worth of my loan refunded... he didnt answer lol... i dont like paying for my truck just to have it sit at a dealership...

and you will have first dibs Jeff... too bad ive wasted some money on things... Shhhhhh!!!:lipsrsealed: that will come out later lol...

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i threw up in my mouth a lil

they should just put an ls3 in there already wtf. i'd just tell them to give me the cash and do it myself. there is _something_ wrong here... i can't believe your patience, i'd be dropping f-bombs c-bombs every other bomb

djez015

Jan 28, 2013
gezzzzzz why so many motors

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
You had me for a minute, I thought WTF is Juan thinking!!!

djez015 said:

He was rockin' a diesel at a couple meets.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jimmyjam said:
i threw up in my mouth a lil

they should just put an ls3 in there already wtf. i'd just tell them to give me the cash and do it myself. there is _something_ wrong here... i can't believe your patience, i'd be dropping f-bombs c-bombs every other bomb

oh I've said more then f-bombs... but you can only sound so tough over the phone :rotfl:.. i cant be mad at the dealer.. its not on them... but they did hear their fair share...

and i kinda remember a post you made... can i cry now? :crackup::rotfl::raspberry:

people suuuurreee are being emotional in this thread.. mine spun out of warranty. get it rebuilt with a new crank and replace the rod that spun and it'll be good as new. matter of fact mine burned oil before the rebuild and after it didn't burn a drop so yeah it wasn't like it was before it was better. while its out throw a cam in there and move on with your life, bottom line is you're under warranty so you've got nothing to cry about.

and i still dont have the money to rebuild :rotfl:

jrSS said:
I like jager bombs

i'll take cherry bombs please :biggrin:

djez015 said:

this should catch you up lol...

here's the start...
http://gmtnation.com/f59/top-end-engine-knock-beasst-2469/

and here's the outcome...
http://gmtnation.com/f59/spun-bearing-beasst-2854/index2.html

heres some more threads...
http://gmtnation.com/f17/engine-3-beasst-5925/
http://gmtnation.com/f59/home-sweet-home-but-short-lived-6345/
http://gmtnation.com/f23/vibration-while-stopped-6508/

djez015

Jan 28, 2013
Got damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn bro thats crazy, im still shocked they took the body off the frame

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Once the new motor is in.. I will consider trading you straight up for my XUV!

But 4 motors? WOW!

I am taking my XUV into the dealer for a redo on their last repair. Still dont have a working 4x4, after I told them the repair they were going to make wasnt going to repair the problem, and showed them the TSB, they still refused. Now I have been battling back and forth with GM Cust Serv, and the warrenty company. They dont like paying for a repair that didnt fix the problem, and are refusing to pay for the repair again. Of course, it doesnt help that I am at the agregate limit, whatever that is.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
So wait, what the heck is this vibration coming from, any ideas on that at all? I figure it must be something bad if they are swapping the engine yet again, though it seems odd that it appears to run OK other than a vibe at idle... :confused:

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
4 reman motors! Wow. That would have paid for a custom shop to blueprint and dyno an engine for you. Although I do love stories of companies trying to pinch and save a buck only to get burned. Do the job right the first time and walk away. Good luck with number 4.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
After 4 motors does GM automatically install "wing nuts" at all the mounting points:confused:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
By the way, what happened to the Grand Prix? I like that one but I guess if the loaner is free you might as well take advantage of it.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
after like 3 visits to the dealer for the same issue, doesn't the lemon law take effect?
I would have likely traded after engine #2. You are a very patient person.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If it helps any, engine #4 in my old car was the perfect replacement. First went bad (spun bearing), replaced with a used but had some idiot do it, it went bad, replaced under warranty 10 months later, that #3 was bad instantly (didn't even get a full tank of gas worth out of it before it was knocking), put in #4 after arguing with the yard about it, and that #4 I proceeded to put 40k miles on over the next year or so until I wrecked the car.

Maybe your luck will be like mine. Sucks in a sense since you have to go through so many engines, but #4 was the trick for me :crazy:

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
BO TIE SS said:

Ok, a little just came out :rotfl:... I just cant afford that

TollKeeper said:
Once the new motor is in.. I will consider trading you straight up for my XUV!

But 4 motors? WOW!

I am taking my XUV into the dealer for a redo on their last repair. Still dont have a working 4x4, after I told them the repair they were going to make wasnt going to repair the problem, and showed them the TSB, they still refused. Now I have been battling back and forth with GM Cust Serv, and the warrenty company. They dont like paying for a repair that didnt fix the problem, and are refusing to pay for the repair again. Of course, it doesnt help that I am at the agregate limit, whatever that is.

Yea warranty companies are over rated in my eyes now... this whole ordeal definetly put a sour taste in my mouth..

Sparky said:
So wait, what the heck is this vibration coming from, any ideas on that at all? I figure it must be something bad if they are swapping the engine yet again, though it seems odd that it appears to run OK other than a vibe at idle... :confused:

The motor is not balanced.. I guess these LS motors are balanced internally.. so its cheaper for new then to repair..

NewfieEnvoy said:
4 reman motors! Wow. That would have paid for a custom shop to blueprint and dyno an engine for you. Although I do love stories of companies trying to pinch and save a buck only to get burned. Do the job right the first time and walk away. Good luck with number 4.

And thats what the service manager reminded them of.. there is a $700 difference between a reman motor and new crate.. and look how much it just cost them trying to save $700...

willn513 said:
By the way, what happened to the Grand Prix? I like that one but I guess if the loaner is free you might as well take advantage of it.

Oh I still have it.. thats my DD... but now im not being nice.. I get rental cars per the agreement, so now im gonna make them pay :biggrin:

navigator said:
after like 3 visits to the dealer for the same issue, doesn't the lemon law take effect?
I would have likely traded after engine #2. You are a very patient person.

I've inquired about the lemon law, but I think my truck is too old for that.. im gonna ask again when I go look at the truck.. and couple of reasons I didnt trade.. nothing else is wrong with the truck.. it only has 46k miles and I only $7k on the loan.. plus I dont know what else i'd get if I traded it off.. so since this is all free.. shes mine for now..

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Boricua SS said:
yes this will be the 4th motor going in... and this doesnt say so much about reman'd motors, just says alot of things about Dahmer Powertrain Inc... thats where GMPP is sending the motors from...

both the dealership and myself are demanding a crate motor.. and like i said.. GMPP only saves $700 between a reman'd and a crate motor... my truck has been at a dealership for a total of 6 months now with all these motor issues... i asked the GMPP adjuster if i could get 6 months worth of my loan refunded... he didnt answer lol... i dont like paying for my truck just to have it sit at a dealership...

and you will have first dibs Jeff... too bad ive wasted some money on things... Shhhhhh!!!:lipsrsealed: that will come out later lol...

Not sure a crate motor is any better, my original motor burned oil and died and the "new crate" replacement has already had the rear main seal replaced :frown:

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
Does your state not have a no lemon law? ***edit just saw post above me*** it should still be covered under the warranty though.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
eutechnyx said:
Does your state not have a no lemon law? ***edit just saw post above me*** it should still be covered under the warranty though.

He bought it used - so I don't think Lemon Law would apply anyway. Its been covered under his extended warranty (GMPP?) so far. Don't think hes paid for any of this nightmare as of now. Just out his time to keep taking it back to the dealer and being without his truck for most of the last year.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
mapanch said:
He bought it used - so I don't think Lemon Law would apply anyway. Its been covered under his extended warranty (GMPP?) so far. Don't think hes paid for any of this nightmare as of now. Just out his time to keep taking it back to the dealer and being without his truck for most of the last year.

This is correct.. bought her w/9k miles back in 2008... and all has been covered.. zero out of pocket expense to me...

The truck has sat at dealer for 6 months total time from when I first spun a bearing.. I dont know about any of you, but I dont like spending $1386 just to have my truck sit at a dealer.. thats been about the only "downfall" of the whole thing.. im still makin a monthly payment..

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
The motor is not balanced.. I guess these LS motors are balanced internally.. so its cheaper for new then to repair..

Wow really? Seems odd. Should have just cammed it, then the balance may not matter quite so much anymore :raspberry: My Camaro's balance shaft has been disconnected ever since it was cammed by the previous owner lol.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Sparky said:
Wow really? Seems odd. Should have just cammed it, then the balance may not matter quite so much anymore :raspberry: My Camaro's balance shaft has been disconnected ever since it was cammed by the previous owner lol.

i wish i had the money to just build it up... none of this wouldve been an issue... i wouldve solved it all myself... but i dont have 10 grand laying around :hissyfit::rotfl:

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
I have had a Dahmer Trans before.... ok 2! GMPP got me a replacement trans to install in a customers car. 2 months out the final drive exploded(4T60 I found a 1/2 a pinion gear in the lower pan). I had to call Dahmer myself. That call lasted about a minute. It was "What happened?" "The final drive exploded and I found a pile of debris in the pan." slight pause "I am sending out a replacement unit. Scrap the old one I don't want it back."

IF it was the first engine I would consider trying to pay the difference to get what I wanted. BUT at engine 4 the "I told you to...." thing would happen. I would be like for the $700 a crate motor would have cost it would have been cheaper than all this crap.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online