TBSS parts vs. Envoy

AWD V8

Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
Hi all

I'm wanting to up the handling of my Envoy using TBSS parts, or aftermarket if available.

I'm a long time S10 guy but have only recently acquired my Envoy SLT 5.3

I'm coming from a lowered AWD Jimmy with suspension work and a quick steering box. I know my 7 passenger 'voy will never handle like this .I like the power and the comfort, but it handles like a cruise ship!

What suspension parts can I swap in from the TBSS. I've got TBSS wheels in the plan when I find some at a decent price.

Can I swap in the steering rack?

Is the front sway bar thicker?

I've got conversion coils in the back and I'm not planning on changing the ride height.

The truck has the basic KYB shocks. I've got the KYB Monomax in my Jimmy and love the feel. Any other performance shock recommendations?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Its all swappable.

I don't think steering is different. Springs are lower. Never looked at the sway bars personally.

Reactions: Mounce

AWD V8

Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
I did find some information. I'm pretty sure the rack will swap between Trailblazer and Envoy.

Other stuff I found.
Steering Ratio
TrailBlazer: 20.3:1; TrailerBlazer EXT: 18.5:1 TrailBlazer SS: 16.00:1

Steering wheel turns, lock-to-lock
TrailBlazer: 3.82; TrailerBlazer EXT: 3.48 TrailBlazer SS: 3.00

The front sway bar is massive on my Envoy. Maybe a V8 or EXT thing. I haven't measured it yet.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You got same brakes as SS. You could swap axle like I did for SS 4.10 gears unless you got them already

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online