NEED HELP TB vibrates when in gear and stopped.

Gmansontos

Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
Florida
Anyone else have this issue? My 06 trailblazer LS vibrates when in gear and stopped. When in neutral or park it stops. But will randomly over time slightly vibrate in park. Is this motor mounts, or tranny issue. Thanks in advance.

Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
Sounds like the motor mounts might be a decent place to start. If you replace them yourself get the original ACDelco. Supposedly some of the cheaper ones aren't true hydraulic.

How many miles on the truck? Did it have a transmission fluid service at 100k?

Gmansontos

Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
Florida
135,000 miles as of now. Tranny was serviced at 124,000. This vibration as been going on for almost a year now also. I do a lot of interstate driving. The past 11,000 were put on in 4-5 months.

Put 70,000 on it in 3 years all interstate miles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I am also leaning towards motor mounts. :yes:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
For whatever reason, Motor Mounts in these seem to go earlier on in the drier parts of the country. I'm on my originals problem free at 145k.

AzTruckGuy

Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Carlton.... FWIW...

This link is an interesting read... with some of the posters solving the same kind of vibration problems with what look like unorthodox solutions...and not have to change motor mounts:

http://repairpal.com/i-have-a-vibra...ile-holding-the-car-still-at-a-stop-light-447

From computer updates to spark plug coils replaced? Sorry but that thread is like saying its this and that and lets play the which part is going to get replaced next until it stops? I have this vibration issue myself and its apparent when I turn on the AC...I know its the motor mounts...the build on some of this parts from GM is "garbage"

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Hence the "FWIW"... and the possibility that somewhere in the 5 Pages of replies... somebody just might have been spot-on... if not...NHD...(No Harm Done...in reading)

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
+1 on motor mounts. Well documented and common problem.

Gmansontos

Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
Florida
Thanks everyone, had a mechanic tell me motor mounts and didn't believe him that's why I suggested them to begin with. And I'll check again later but I do believe when I turn on the AC it does get worse.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And be sure he uses ONLY ACDelco mounts. Other brands have been known to not work to damper the vibrations well.

LouisTB

Apr 12, 2016
Tampa, FL
Thanks everyone, had a mechanic tell me motor mounts and didn't believe him that's why I suggested them to begin with. And I'll check again later but I do believe when I turn on the AC it does get worse.
I've actually been having the same problem and mine does get worse with the A/C on, but I always chalked it up as vibration from the compressor

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Leaking Motor Mounts are fairly easy to diagnose by jacking up the front of the truck and using Car Ramps for safety. The one easiest to spy can be found at the left side front of the engine. If its leaking... it will appear to look like a recent spray of WD-40 along the bottom of the MM fastener and also appear on the adjacent Engine Block and of course...the flat section of the Left Lower Frame where the stuff has squirted out under high pressure. But when you actually touch the stuff...it will feel like a weak, sticky glue-like substance. If its there... then there's no doubt about needing to "R&R the MMs".

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online