tb idling at 1000rpm

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Alright guys this has been pretty common lately for our Tb. For the last few months our Tb will idle at about 6-800 rpm range (can't remember exactly what she idled at) then all of a sudden the rpm will jump and run at 1000rpm and will pretty much stay there for a full tank of gas and drop down to normal. After we fill up again it will jump and pretty much suck both the gas and my wallet dry. There are no codes that come up when this happens. The throttle is pulled and clean religiously and also was just replaced with a new throttle body. Any ideas why this could be happening?

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Forgot to mention the computer was updated about a week ago (which wiped out my tune). We also have after market intake system (airaid).

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
cmatb08 said:
Forgot to mention the computer was updated about a week ago (which wiped out my tune). We also have after market intake system (airaid).

Methinks you have the vacuum line for the fuel pressure regulator hooked up wrong.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You got a NEW throttle body and an updated PCM flash and the shop that did that isn't taking responsibility for the simultaneous high idle bug? Sigh..... I agree - look at the FPR vacuum hose first. If that's off, it's a vacuum leak, but the PCM also sets the idle to 900 RPM. May or may not set a code right away.

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Alright I check the brake boost line, the line going into the side of the air res, and the line under the air res box. All three are connected and not lose or disconnected. The high rpm has been going on before the new throttle body.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Interresting mine has been idling at 1500.... then drops down after engine warms up. Has been eating alot of gas... Since I put the Air Resenator back in and put a muffler on.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
That is entirely normal and expected behavior.

Yep. It's that time of year again when temps dip below 50 F. If the coolant temp and the outside temp are close to the same then a cold start will be initiated.

To the OP. Make sure that the hose is connected as shown below.

View attachment 23298

Attachments

• FPRHose.jpg
    FPRHose.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 4

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online

No members online now.