Tampa Bay Area Mini Meets!!

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
smitty5150 said:
Damn you people and your frequent meets!

We're just trying to keep pace with the folks in the midwest :tongue: Just wait until you get down here... :biggrin:

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
Whats up guys!!! Its ken I met with you,I have the black envoy bagged laying frame on 24's. That police car was built by my boy robin @ bassheads ent. its pretty loud lol. he comes to our meets sometimes here in orlando. I finally made my way over here,hows everyone been?

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
eutechnyx said:
Whats up guys!!! Its ken I met with you,I have the black envoy bagged laying frame on 24's. That police car was built by my boy robin @ bassheads ent. its pretty loud lol. he comes to our meets sometimes here in orlando. I finally made my way over here,hows everyone been?

:tiphat: What's up man? I tried posting a visitor message on your profile on the OS, wasn't sure if you could see it or not, since I was put on Global Ignore. Glad you made it to our new home, now we just gotta get you out this way for some meets!! :thumbsup: :wootwoot:

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hadn't heard anything about it before today. I know some of us were planning to get together over here for the UFC fight on the 21st in S Tampa, that's about all that's been planned for next month.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Finally read my pm huh? lol I'm down to hit that show up if ur going

markmc

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Hadn't heard anything about it before today. I know some of us were planning to get together over here for the UFC fight on the 21st in S Tampa, that's about all that's been planned for next month.

Hey Carlton
Thanks for meeting us in Clearwater!
It was good to see ya again bro..
As always.. had a great time at the Palm Pavilion :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
markmc said:
Hey Carlton
Thanks for meeting us in Clearwater!
It was good to see ya again bro..
As always.. had a great time at the Palm Pavilion :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad you guys could make it down, even though it was a quick visit. Lotsa laughs, as always when you guys are in town. Hopefully next time we can plan it a lil better so other people can make it. :yes: :Lager Louts:

DirtyBacon04

May 14, 2012
Didnt realize how many members were right here in central FL! I thought I was the lone ORTB, but at least there are quite a few enthusiasts around. TB drivers smart enough not to put a "V6" decal on thier rig.

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
DirtyBacon04 said:
Didnt realize how many members were right here in central FL! I thought I was the lone ORTB, but at least there are quite a few enthusiasts around. TB drivers smart enough not to put a "V6" decal on thier rig.

If you want, I'll shoot you a PM whenever we plan on getting together, and if you wanna make the drive out here, you're more than welcome to join us and hang out. :thumbsup:

DirtyBacon04

May 14, 2012
Blckshdw said:
If you want, I'll shoot you a PM whenever we plan on getting together, and if you wanna make the drive out here, you're more than welcome to join us and hang out. :thumbsup:

Sounds cool. But it might be a while before I can make it out. My rig is on "limited duty" until i rebuild the xmsn and install a cooler.

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ouch, good luck with that man. Hope it goes well. I'll keep you posted though.

00brado

Jun 6, 2012
hot dam im so glad i can finally be in forum with you guyes agane. im sorry but i just cant get back in to another 360 but i have my 900 now and loving it. im trying to talk my girl in to visiting youall over there and seeing jimmy's tbss agane and see how far carl has gotten with the nf rack lights. as for shows theres one here every thurd thursday buy were i live and its big every time. i also attend a every thursday late night street race buy were live. so i do keep my self busy. i daon have many pics of my truck right now but there on there way. i have been in touch with carl and will continue to do so. and yes this is my first ever post.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Had no idea there where other modded Trailblazer owners in the Tampa area. Guess I spent to much time on OffroadTB.com.

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
mikekey said:
Had no idea there where other modded Trailblazer owners in the Tampa area. Guess I spent to much time on OffroadTB.com.

Welcome to the party neighbor, we'll make sure to keep you posted next time we get together :thumbsup:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
now that carlton is on this side (well, the north side) of the bay we should be meeting up a lot more often

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
In this weekend's episode, it was time for me to get some new brakes, BADLY. Went with some Raybestos Professional Grade goodies, although I will have to go back in there during the week to install some more parts that are on the way. Thanks to Jimmyjam for the lesson on how to change out the hardware and bleeding the lines. Now I have an excuse to go out and buy more tools! :salivate:

New shiny front rotor, and freshly painted calipers.

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

For David, front hub replacements, and front diff fluid change

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

Not pictured, had lunch at Tijuana flats with Jake (from SSOwners) and later on hit up Hooters to catch some UFC with Carlos. Good times all around :Lager Louts:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Every time I see a new "episode", I go buy a lottery ticket in hopes that I can retire and move down there. :biggrin: (well, at least part of the year)

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
saze said:
Damn thanks for the Invite lol whens the next one?

Tell your bosses to stop making you work Saturdays so much! :mad:

Not sure when the next one will be, but it was pointed out that my end links and upper ball joints are going to need replacing in the not too distant future. :undecided:

saze

May 7, 2012
Blckshdw said:
Tell your bosses to stop making you work Saturdays so much! :mad:

Not sure when the next one will be, but it was pointed out that my end links and upper ball joints are going to need replacing in the not too distant future. :undecided:

If it was easy lol

But yeah man Im in the Market for some new fenders or wanting to fix the ones I Fd up. Ive been driving stock wheels for a while now trying to sell the 22s. I got a wash yesterday (Been awhile) and noticed so many new scratches. :mad::confused:

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Little bit of an impromptu mini meet today. Rolled up to Jake's place to supervise him and Jimmy dropping a 5.3L V8 into an S10.

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG00653.jpg

IMAG00712.jpg

Steady as she goes...

IMAG00662.jpg

IMAG00672.jpg

IMAG00682.jpg

After some adjusting, time to bolt in the motor mounts

IMAG00692.jpg

IMAG00702.jpg

Sittin pretty

IMAG00722.jpg

IMAG00733.jpg

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Time to work on my truck for a change... Time to install a new head unit, 5 channel amp, and back up camera! :thumbsup: Since it was just me and Jimmy this time, not as many pics taken as usual :frown:

While Jimmy was working on routing my power cable up to the battery and putting ring terminals on, I was pulling the RCA and 9 channel speaker cable behind the glove box and down the passenger side of the truck.

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0215-1.jpg

Crimped some spade connectors at the back end for the amp...

IMAG0217-1.jpg

Then back to the front, and crimped on some push connectors on the speaker wire bundle and PAC adapter.

IMAG0218-1.jpg

Jimmy made a spacer for one of the amp's mounts, from an old pen. I'm still impressed, woulda never thought of this.

IMAG0222-1.jpg

IMAG0221-1.jpg

After some power up troubleshooting, we tested the backup camera

IMAG0219.jpg

then headed out to get something to eat... The picture is excellent, even in lower light.

IMAG0220-1.jpg

Took this one after the sun was down, from the pic you'd think there was still some sun left.

IMAG0223-1.jpg

All in all, a very productive day. Hopefully we can get some more people together for the next one. :yes:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:
After some power up troubleshooting, we tested the backup camera
IMAG0219.jpg
haha caught me flipping the bird at you

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
TexazReece said:
Definitely liking that setup with the reverse camera, props bro :thumbsup:

:thankyou: It's gonna take some getting used to, but I've wanted to put one back there since I first bought the truck.

jimmyjam said:
haha caught me flipping the bird at you

:raspberry: Yeah, snapped it just in time before you put your hand back down.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Quick question---can that reverse option be done with the factory nav and how much was the reverse camera? Kinda been thinking about it for the wife is driving the tb

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
No idea on the stock HU, my TB had some no name aftermarket HU in there when I bought it. Luckily I had my single DIN pioneer from my last SUV to transplant.

The camera was only $30. Here's a link to where I bought it.

Edit: I'll post a pic of the camera mounted tomorrow.

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I bought this hitch cap

[EBAY]330679789756[/EBAY]

and here's the end result, thanks to Jimmy's handy work :thumbsup:

IMAG0224-1.jpg

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: I'm open next weekend, or on the 29th. Hopefully the other guys will have some free time too.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
I'm in for a bit of wrenching from time to time. I have to save up for a new shortblock for my other ride. Deciding whether or not to supercharge it, stroke it :wootwoot: (lol) or just slap some 12:3 Compression pistons on it.

Buy the TB needs some TLC in the form of a new power steering pump and a transmission fluid change. I'm seeing a very messy future ahead.

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I need to dismantle my dome light setup and track down what's shorting out. Not nearly as messy as your stuff, but way more annoying. :mad:

Maybe the next installment will be in your neck of the woods, then cap it off with some UFC for a job well done :Lager Louts:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Damn. It really sucks that I can't be in the Tampa area more often. :frown:

Anyone got any leads on good Power Ball numbers? :Rumour:

:biggrin:

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I know it doesn't count as a meet without 3 trucks, but oh well...

David came up to hang out before we hit up UFC later on. Got in an oil change, wash, and tried some Wipe New.

A suspension and body lift comes in real handy when getting at the oil filter :undecided:

20130706_124355_zpse38a45a9.jpg

Post wash, got the ever popular faded plastic :no::

20130706_141809_zps66d888c7.jpg

Applying some Wipe New

20130706_141921_zps51765f73.jpg

Night and day difference going on

20130706_142215_zpse2d40d95.jpg

20130706_144249_zps84300602.jpg

The real test will be to see how this looks in another week or 2. :undecided:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members