Tahoe's/Yukon's more reliable than my current Trailblazer ?

truck2trail

Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
I need more payload capacity than my current 2007 Trailblazer can offer. I've been thinking about trading it in and buying a 2010 ish Tahoe or Yukon (not the XL). Q1: How much extra payload do I get with a Tahoe/Yukon. Q2: Are they more or less reliable than my Trailblazer (In three years, I had about 6 of the known problems - not big items, but a PITA). Thanks.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
In a lot of cases reliability is dependent upon how well the maintenance was done. Being that you are buying used, it would be a guess. I have a 2011 Tahoe and it is rock solid. No leaks, no issues, averaging about 18.9 mpg's. I drive highway with it mostly. However I know someone who bought used and he has had to do a myriad of small repairs. He currently has a bad seal on his front diff. As for payload, it is larger. Especially if you don't need the third row of seats. Some of that extra space is because it is taller, so its vertical space not floor space. It is wider as well, but the rear also sits higher than a TB, so loading is a little harder. All in all, I am much happier with my Tahoe than I was with my TB.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online