Support Group/Thread For Mod Addiction or MA

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Make it sound different and move the torque curve up in the band a little? I think the resonator helps with torque on the bottom. That is if you're removing it. You have a MAF right?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yup. Going to see if it is really feasible cause I could then run a longer 3 inch pipe right up windshield when i think i may need a snorkel setup offroad.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:cool: haven't seen anyone talk about a DIY intake in awhile. I built mine with 3" the whole way. Just wish I realized I could put a little breather filter on that port, by the oil cap, instead of running a hose back to the intake tube. Much cleaner look for sure. :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ahh...I forgot about that one. Is there a specific breather people are using or is it just generic whatever?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I think there was a pic @Capote posted, looked like a generic one, with a hose clamp. Definitely had a :duh: moment when I saw it. Way easier than what I ended up doing. :bonk:
IMG_20160828_192731.jpg
Yup an eBay one will work literally just as good as any K&N, Airaid, or etc. Even came up with a little bracket to hold it up since I dont have a washer tank. This picture is kinda old now, its raining and I can't get a pic of how it is currently. Only difference now is I got rid of the large vacuum hose coming from the crankcase vent to the intake. I put a breather filter in its place and a vacuum cap on the intake where the hose used to be.

And the wrap seemed to actually lower temps a bit believe it or not.
I think I have 3 layers on it IIRC.

IMG_20160903_180706.jpg

Reactions: Blckshdw

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ebay air filter?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ebay air filter?
Yeah. I just wash it, blow it out, spray WD-40 on it and put it back in place. I want a Green Filter that you introduced me to a while back, but I can't justify spending $50+ on a filter lol.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I can. It has saved me 100s and judging it next to the ebay filters I used on other cars...I could never trust an ebay version for my needs.

I need to find me one of the breather ones though. That is a simple fix if I delete the res

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I can. It has saved me 100s and judging it next to the ebay filters I used on other cars...I could never trust an ebay version for my needs.

I need to find me one of the breather ones though. That is a simple fix if I delete the res
I usually see the breather filters in AutoZone. If you happen to be driving past one take a quick look inside.
I'll check them out again and see if they got any 3" universal ones cheapish.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I will just order one offline. I literally hate supporting those chain stores at this point. Selling junk for excessive prices while allowing f'ing idiots to try and serve customers that are typically far better versed than the employee.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Oh man I miss posting in this thread lol :biggrin:. Next big performance mod I am gonna do for BatBlazer is braking performance peeps. I've decided to save up for some new rotors and brake pads. After a full night of comparisons I've decided to go with EBC, which is a very reputable company. I've read many positive reviews and even seen some on you commend their products before on the forum. After some researching I decided to go with their "Sport" rotors over their "Ultimax" which are just a slotted type design although those are a tiny bit less expensive. What's interesting about their Sport rotors is that it has dimples on the surface instead of actual holes in the rotors. Those holes compromise integrity and tend to form hairline cracks over a while with aggressive braking & driving. This is actually happening to my Baer Sport Decela Rotors, which were god awful expensive and have not lived up to their hype I guess you could say. As far as brake pads, I am going to go with their "Yellow Stuff" pads. Now as some of you know, i'm a spirited driver and being that my drive back home is full of perfectly winding roads and straightaways i'm gonna need something that can stop on a dime and can handle an SUV. The fact that these roads are no stranger to deer, which I see often, I want something that will bite hard into rotors. These pads are the type recommended for Trucks/SUV's, off-roading, heavy towing, and muscle cars. The combination of these rotors and pads should make for the braking performance I've been looking for and have not experienced in some time with my current setup.

Sport:

ebc_brake_kit_s5k.jpg

Ultimax:

ebc_brake_kit_s9k.jpg

Baer Decela (w/ counter rotation pattern):
baer_decela_rotor_w_box.jpg

Reactions: littleblazer

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Good luck with them man, hope they work well and meet your expectations. My recent brake upgrade, I went with R1 Concepts slotted rotors and pads. The Raybestos rotors I had, were slightly warped, which I could feel during hard braking.

With the change in jobs last fall, I now see a LOT more traffic during rush hour, and have had to do some pretty hard braking when people try to jump from lane to lane when traffic is stopping and such. So far, so good. Only complaint is on occasion I'll get some squeaking under light braking to a stop, like pulling out of the garage, or pulling up to the mailbox when I come home. Was thinking of switching back to my old pads, since they have about half their meat left and see what happens for a couple of weeks. :undecided:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
@Capote You are going with the bigger brakes or did you already?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Wanna talk about squeaking brakes, I hate the brakes on my truck. I mean, they work fine, but man, the squeak at light braking pressure is irritating.

Next mod is minor, but I got the exhaust tips to (finally) finish the exhaust right. Just need to get the spare to drop as it is jammed up there - yep, secondary latch, nope, still hadn't fixed it after almost 2 years lol.

Funds are tight these days. Other expenses taking priority. Did rub a few bills together and bought some much-needed stuff for my kitchen. Now I just have to install it.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Oh man I miss posting in this thread lol :biggrin:. Next big performance mod I am gonna do for BatBlazer is braking performance peeps. I've decided to save up for some new rotors and brake pads. After a full night of comparisons I've decided to go with EBC, which is a very reputable company. I've read many positive reviews and even seen some on you commend their products before on the forum. After some researching I decided to go with their "Sport" rotors over their "Ultimax" which are just a slotted type design although those are a tiny bit less expensive. What's interesting about their Sport rotors is that it has dimples on the surface instead of actual holes in the rotors. Those holes compromise integrity and tend to form hairline cracks over a while with aggressive braking & driving. This is actually happening to my Baer Sport Decela Rotors, which were god awful expensive and have not lived up to their hype I guess you could say. As far as brake pads, I am going to go with their "Yellow Stuff" pads. Now as some of you know, i'm a spirited driver and being that my drive back home is full of perfectly winding roads and straightaways i'm gonna need something that can stop on a dime and can handle an SUV. The fact that these roads are no stranger to deer, which I see often, I want something that will bite hard into rotors. These pads are the type recommended for Trucks/SUV's, off-roading, heavy towing, and muscle cars. The combination of these rotors and pads should make for the braking performance I've been looking for and have not experienced in some time with my current setup.

Sport:

ebc_brake_kit_s5k.jpg

Ultimax:

ebc_brake_kit_s9k.jpg

Baer Decela (w/ counter rotation pattern):
baer_decela_rotor_w_box.jpg
I had a wonderful experience with the EBC dimpled/slotted rotors on my 2007 maxima with red stuff pads. Bit hard and stopped fast when it was not super cold. When cold the pads took half a second to warm up and bite hard. Shouldnt have that issue with the yellow stuff. I drove spirited and had alot of quick stops. Never once did a rotor crack or warp in the five years with them on the car.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
@Capote You are going with the bigger brakes or did you already?
I want to upgrade my front setup to EXT calipers & brackets so I can fit EXT large front rotors. EBC offers those rotors & pads I mentioned above in EXT configuration too of coarse. I just can't find any calipers off an EXT for cheap that isn't rusted and possibly would have bad seals. I've found used brackets off an EXT that looked decent. Calipers is being the issue, new ones or even remans are a bit pricey. I'm gonna post an ad in the wanted section to see if anyone has any EXT spare brackets and /or calipers they can part with.

I had a wonderful experience with the EBC dimpled/slotted rotors on my 2007 maxima with red stuff pads. Bit hard and stopped fast when it was not super cold. When cold the pads took half a second to warm up and bite hard. Shouldnt have that issue with the yellow stuff. I drove spirited and had alot of quick stops. Never once did a rotor crack or warp in the five years with them on the car.
Yeah I forgot to mention that! They have amazing cold bite from what I've been reading. It can get freezing cold here in GA too. Like ice on the roads and snow on rare occasions.

@Blckshdw I have a feeling they'll do great man

@Sparky My mod fund is pretty much non-existant nowadays... Paying my ex child support and unexpected things I have to buy are killing me. Not to mention HR messed up my health insurance paperwork and I've been having "catch up" deductions for a month they didn't take out for insurance, on top of normal deductions... Their mess up, but I have to suffer on all this months paychecks. Today was the last extra deduction thankfully.
My savings isn't deminishing anymore, but its been at a stand still for 2 months?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I thought the calipers were the same, it was the bracket and rotor that was different?

Reactions: Capote and Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Calipers are the same between the EXT and shorty. Just need to replace brackets and rotors.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Saves ya some dough :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Bingo. Only thing I did was buy the bigger rotors when I needed them anyway for same basic cost and sourced some junkyard brackets I cleaned up from a member. It is great since i hate bleeding brakes and you dont even need to!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
These pictures do not do justice to how glossy and deep of a black this valve cover is. Feels as smooth as powder coat. Will definitely be using Rustoleum Engine Enamel for anything under my hood for now on.
IMG_20170329_032104.jpg IMG_20170329_031927.jpg IMG_20170329_032016.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
ooooo shiny

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
shiny be good

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
@HARDTRAILZ Ordered a Green Filter, like 2 years later after you told me too.

Changed my mind on the rotors gents. My budget won't let me get the EBC Slotted ones I wanted and i'm gonna stay with the stock rotor size up front; to further save some more dough. I found another slotted only rotor set on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/391547996193
Still going with the EBC Yellow Stuff pads.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Isn't this thread supposed to help our mod addiction and not make it worse :laugh::laugh::laugh:
It's an ironically beautiful thread. What mods have you done since you've been back man?

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Not much, been in maintenance mode ever since I got back. :worried:

Hopefully will be getting the thermostat and ECT sensor changed today, changed the gas cap a few days back. And once I get my OBDII scanner hopefully this Tuesday, will be changing out the spark plugs and getting rid of the CEL. FINALLY. :yes:

Found something else that needs maintenance, the rear brake lights aren't lighting up, except for the CHML, so will have to take care of that, as my insurance is expiring as well and have to get the TB in good shape before the renewal.

Other than that on the mods side, a small but awesome mod was the GMTNation sticker, finally got that on the TB

WP_20170403_12_25_55_Procompressed.jpg

Loving the way it turned out :thumbsup:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
@$ Khalid ! 9130 Hey man, i'm curious as to what kind of intake/filter setup you have. You still running the stock setup? That climate must be hell on the filter and throttle body.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Totally stock till date, I wouldn't understand why it would be that bad on our trucks here, I mean isn't the climate in Texas similar to ours here :2thumbsup:

Not that i haven't considered upgrading, but the wallet is not agreeing with me
There's not a lot of sand? I saw a few pics you have taken with some cars covered in sand.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And another member from that part of the world had cooling issues when the radiator was full of sand and dust.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I had about half a cup of sand in my air cleaner box. That's just from the parking lot at the marina. :biggrin:

I'm in boat mode this weekend and spent the last 8 or so hours wheeling the fiberglass. Picked up a variable speed wheel from Sears at a good price. Was looking at the harbor freight ones and they felt like absolute garbage. The craftsman feels decent. I would have gotten a porter cable or dewalt or the like but it's used so infrequently I didn't want to shell out the cash. Besides I still have the 60s black and Decker as the primary. (As it has been for the last 50 years in the family.) Still have another 8 hours to go. Then wax...

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
@Capote Yep, there is a lot of sand for sure, but in my case my air filter is covered with a box on top of it, unlike the one in yours, and usually those pics are usually taken beside dumped cars on the lots :rotfl:, hence they are covered in dust, but as you can see my car being a daily driver is quite clean :2thumbsup:

@Mooseman Who would this member be would like to get to know him, Haven't had any cooling issues yet in my TB or my Dads Yukon so I wonder if there was a problem in his cooling system itself

EDIT: Anyone check out the newly announced Chevrolet Tahoe RST. Really liking the performance package, kinda reminds me of the Trailblazer SS, but out of all that something caught my mod bug eye

Chevrolet-Tahoe_RST-2018-1600-06.jpg

Hmm mmm........ :lightbulb:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
@Mooseman Who would this member be would like to get to know him, Haven't had any cooling issues yet in my TB or my Dads Yukon so I wonder if there was a problem in his cooling system itself

Can't remember the name but I knew he was from the Middle East. He might have had other cooling issues but that was probably a contributing factor.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Trying to pick a hood for the car should not be this difficult, but the mod addiction has me researching and re-researching and I cant seem to pull the trigger.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Trying to pick a hood for the car should not be this difficult, but the mod addiction has me researching and re-researching and I cant seem to pull the trigger.
Post pics of the possibilities bud

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ws9top.jpg

wsqcon4.jpg

smoothy%20q.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR