Support Group/Thread For Mod Addiction or MA

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well I did make some progress. Got one part of the workbench all wired up so I now have light and a few outlets, and I got a few things sorted. Still needs more organization but it is getting there.

20160528_214039_zps9bse5j6e.jpg

The other part still is a big mess yet, no extra light or power down there yet and it is even more of a cluttered mess lol.

20160528_214059_zpsjqu9hc6y.jpg

But I did go ahead and use the improved work area to make a little headway on the headlight project. Sneak peak, still a lot more to do to make it look presentable (and I sure hope it turns out...).

20160528_214214_zpsqpltqvss.jpg

20160528_214255_zpsuqxbkiav.jpg

20160528_214434_zpsg3ddqeag.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Looking good!

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I ordered a new head unit for the tb. Nothing special but it does have a better tuner hopefully.

Reactions: Blckshdw

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I need to get mine in. Maybe a good weekend project

Reactions: xavierny25

Stryker11

May 20, 2016
North Texas
Just finished my first mod on the 07 LT- Interior overhead led's front to back, nothing special, I just like the clean white light of regular led lights inside. Also did the led license plate lights and reconditioned the lenses as they were pretty nasty.

New stock headlights and new bulbs are in route to replace my originals as they just didnt clean up the way I wanted them to look.

More to come...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The interior light upgrade is so simple you wonder why everyone does not do it once you have it. Just cleaner light. Well done!

Reactions: Stryker11

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Don't know how I feel about this new head unit. The tuner is better... but sound doesn't seem to be as good. With everything flat it sounds decent, but the eq doesn't really seem to help at all. Mid range is excellent but the highs are rolled off I'd say.

Stryker11

May 20, 2016
North Texas
I used to tell my wife whenever I bought another vehicle that "it just needs window tint" or "A set of wheels n tires" and I'll be happy.. And then I find a good forum and all that goes out the window and it begins..lol.. Here I am a week after getting the 07LT and I've got 5 mods already in the mail headed this way...

She no longer believes a word I say when it comes to vehicles anymore.And we are both fine with that.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I been lazy...like a year behind...on getting my new head unit in, but I think it is demanding to go in soon since the current one seems to need about 8 notches higher on volume to produce what it did. Or I toasted the speakers and need to put the components in the doors

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
What? I cunt hear you

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I vote speakers.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I just need to install the crap i have for it, but hate taking the dash and doors apart

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Dash is a pain, that's why when my radio bracket was loose and the unit would rattle I just stuffed something in the gap to keep it tight for 5 years instead of taking it apart to fix it the right way :rotfl:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I think the dash is easy imo. The vette is a bitch.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
So something bad for my mod bug just happened... the director of a local chain of autoparts warehouses is giving me a hookup... I don't think he realizes what he just got himself into....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Bye bye extra cash....

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
extra cash? what's that?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Now I want a back-up camera when i do the new head unit since my buddy bought one and they are way cheaper than I thought

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I find it quite helpful on the Silverado.

Reactions: djthumper

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Actually have two in the cart. One w lights and one without.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I think you're missing the wait months with mod because you don't have the time to install all goodies step.

Reactions: Trkdrvremt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I think you're missing the wait months with mod because you don't have the time to install all goodies step.

I have this step MASTERED!! :rotfl:

I'm getting the itch to open my headlights again. The RX350s aren't tuned as well as I'd like them to be. The driver's side is cocked a few degrees to the left. No one notices it but me, of course. The cutoffs aren't sharp like they were when I tuned them (ahem) over a year ago. :hopeless: When I'm sitting behind another vehicle, I have a double step cutoff :puke:

Also the projectors sit too far forward, and are almost up against the front lens. I didn't think that was too big of a deal at first, but an interesting issue has sprang up. The projector lens sits out on top of the plastic bezel, and during the day, the sun shines down through the projector lens at such an angle, that it focuses the light on the bezel beneath it. The heat over the course of the day has cause some melted spots. :mad:

The condo I'm in now is considerably smaller than the townhouse I was in before, where I could tune projectors in the living room/kitchen, no longer have that luxury, and now that summer is here, it stays light until pretty late in the evening and the mosquitoes are out. Boo!! I need a proper workshop! :hissyfit:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I am a pro at the buy a mod and let it sit, but have bought several lately and done them right away...sadly though I still have a pile of parts to be installed from before these new parts

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I think I'm gonna build some reverse lights to go in the factory spot. What's the worst that can happen? Got to do something fun.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
What's the worst that can happen?

What's the worst, you ask? :undecided: the mod is a raging success, which pumps up your ego and mod bug, which subsequently makes you come up with more mod ideas that cost money you don't have, which drives you into a deep depression, cuz mod life is the only life! :Banghead:

Or something like that. :tongue:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
And then we all demand you do the mod to our trucks

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
What's the worst, you ask? :undecided: the mod is a raging success, which pumps up your ego and mod bug, which subsequently makes you come up with more mod ideas that cost money you don't have, which drives you into a deep depression, cuz mod life is the only life! :Banghead:

Or something like that. :tongue:
You say that like you may have experience...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Damn...you said it out loud and he will have to go back to therapy....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
NorthFace

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:duh: That FAIL was so bad, I actually blocked it from memory! :hahano:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Figment of your imagination

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Realized I have 1 month until the Midwest Meet.
Must... get... mods... done.

I can see myself finishing my retro the night before, like I did with my Trailblazer a few years back :laugh:

I just need to assign myself time to do my own projects.

Top priority, in order:

1) Finish the Camaro's valve springs
2) Replace shocks on the truck
- requires #1 done so in the event of a snag I still have a vehicle to drive
3) Get new tires on the truck
4) Finish retrofit
5) Fix LED tail lights

Lower priority and unlikely to happen before the Midwest Meet:
1) Figure out other custom exterior lighting (mostly LED based)
2) Install door speakers

And some ideas that may never even happen but are just concepts and/or may even supercede/replace each other:
1) Design/build custom console/sub box
2) Design/build an under rear seat storage box
3) Design/build an easily removable bed mounted, hidden, lockable tool or accessory box
4) Design/build an aux "tail gate" that latches in place and sits on the open tail gate to hold 8 ft long sheets of plywood, drywall, 2x4s, etc. A bed extension to effectively make the 6.5 ft bed an 8 ft bed.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Shit...I prolly need to dial mine in some. Interlake left some invisible scars on the brakes, trans mount or some rubber mount that squeaks, couple new rattles, a pulley that aint happy and 10 degree higher temps constantly but that is likely mud in rad, also need alignment, tire rotation, swap to new tierods cause the trail spare was marginal at best, and maybe clean it up a bit. But hell we got a month right?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Getting anywhere. I have not touched my truck

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.