Support Group/Thread For Mod Addiction or MA

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:iagree: I've always seen that rod on the bottom. Swapping bulbs will tell you if the problem is with the bulb, or a bigger issue like a burnt projector bowl causing the shadow.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Makes sense. The grooves for inserting the light make it appear the bulb should have rod to passenger side

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sweet. New rubber is so nice!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
No not about the TB, but since I've had the Cutlass, it has received LED's, further stripping of the engine bay, a tachometer, removal of crappy 12" sub and speakers in the trunk, and cleaning up if wiring. Whoever wired everything that isn't stock on this car was horrible, such a sloppy mess. I'm still trying to follow wires around and figure out why my cluster doesn't work at all.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
MMMM Cutlass

The mod addict in me has a appt to check out a tire balancer and changer this weekend. Might be time to add those to my tool box!!!!!!!!!!!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I was gonna get headers soon, but my finances are dwindling again... Had to pay the wench today, so yeah... And I'm getting a crappy paycheck every week since I'm not a full hire at Clorox for another 2 months assuming I pass another two reviews. That'll be a $13 to $21+ jump right there. Then I can get my own place, afford to pay a lawyer for a divorce, and mod the cutlass & BatBlazer more.

Reactions: dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Any new mods fellas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Nothing new on my end, other than some members posts :popo:

But I do need to take some of my components out to replace some of the dead Ebay LEDs that have failed in the last couple of months. One of the HVAC slider ones, one of the Homelink buttons, and one of the cargo area vent window switches are out. PIA, but I've been too lazy to fix them. :bonk:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Nothing new on my end, other than some members posts :popo:

But I do need to take some of my components out to replace some of the dead Ebay LEDs that have failed in the last couple of months. One of the HVAC slider ones, one of the Homelink buttons, and one of the cargo area vent window switches are out. PIA, but I've been too lazy to fix them. :bonk:

I see what you did there

The ones I bought ages ago for my green & blue LED conversions have served me well. I need to get more eventually to finish the HVAC controls, never got to it because I grew tired of taking off the dash bezel, was lazy.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
All of the screws for the dash bezel and knee bolster panel are in my cup holders, since I was always removing the radio, HVAC, or cluster for some reason. Figured what was the point in putting them back in, the clips held it in place just fine.

Starting to get that itch to look at lowering springs for the rear (yes, again) Found a thread on TBSSOwners where Tony was giving a discounted package deal on just rear springs and small spacers without shocks. Keeping that one in a safe place.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'd like to lower my rig another inch, but I think at that point I can no longer go over speed bumps at all, I am a hair away from scraping them now. I'd need his custom control arms if I wish to drop any lower safely. Not really wanting to spend over $300 on them....

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
IMO when it gets low enough to be a nuisance to drive places, it is too low.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Looks clean :2thumbsup:

Reactions: dmanns67

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
A few things on my to-do mod list:

Projectors are ordered from TRS (finally were back in stock) so those are on their way.

I cleaned up a bunch of crap from the basement and garage this past week so more room to work. Assuming my shoulder calms down soon I'll get power ran and outlets hooked up at both work areas so I can actually work on the headlights for the truck.

Found my alignment is crap and has ruined the inside shoulder of the front tires in just 11k miles, so even more reason to get good new tires this year after an alignment. And of course, if I'm going to do that, might as well at least level the front end and put a little taller tire on it, right?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Not much in terms of small inexpensive mods left for my rig. Pretty much everything left that I wanna do are pricey, including:
  • A retrofit
  • 3.73 rear end
  • Plastidip entire rig

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I need to get the kitchen mods done so i can start throwing the parts at the rig. Got a lil pile of simple things i would love to put to use. Including the doubledin radio that has been in a box for about a year

Reactions: xavierny25

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I need to get the kitchen mods done so i can start throwing the parts at the rig. Got a lil pile of simple things i would love to put to use. Including the doubledin radio that has been in a box for about a year
I've always wanted to see that pile of parts you got. Been almost 3yrs of me hearing about it now lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Slowly been going in. Exhaust done, shocks in, headlights and grills been swapped around, bumper changed out, windshield brow done. Problem is there are parts to replace parts i have not even replaced the first time in some cases. Better to have and not need then need and not have.

And sadly you have not even been around for 2 years....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good thing i had spare parts cause we blew through 3 spare tie rods on the lil offroad adventure this weekend. Need to re-up the back-ups

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Was planning on installing my vinyl kit this weekend, but it looks like rain again. Next week looks warm and dry, hopefully I will have some time to work on it before work.

If I could ever get a weekend with no rain, it would be nice to finish up the fog light retro finally :no:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You can do it in 11 if you push.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I would just like to say I haven't relapsed yet. :rotfl:

Anyway, the voy retro isn't happening. I am curious though, got a new vehicle at the house, it was a brush only wash and not enough soap or water was used so it has nice linear swirls all over. I'm thinking they'll wheel put but I've never wheeled a car, on gel coat on a boat and that is a lot more forgiving than clear coat. Any tips if I decide to do it? (I've detailed pretty much every car here.)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I use a nice coat of mud, then wait for rain, then go outside with an old sock and scrub the surface of the vehicle. Works pretty good

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You can do it in 11 if you push.

Having a level parking surface, and a flat wall at enough distance is key. Right now I have to wait for not only nightfall, but also when my neighbor (and now his GF) aren't home so I can use their garage door across the street. :ugh:

Need to buy a house in the near future, then I'd build a retrofit test bench, buy a TB header panel for the headlights, and mount it to a saw horse, that way I wouldn't have to mess with the truck itself. Setup in the back yard or something. :yes:

Reactions: Sparky

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Sounds like you need a place to mod to support a mod to help your work on your mods :rotfl:

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sounds like you need a place to mod to support a mod to help your work on your mods :rotfl:

Exactly! Why can't the Powerball Gods understand that!

I still have the remnants of my vacuum table experiment. Since failing so hard core that one time, I know what I'd like to do differently the next time (cuz of course there's a next time)

Whenever I get around to that LS430 retro, I'm gonna need some custom bezel/shrouds for sure.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Kustom is da way to go!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well now with the garage and basement cleaned out (mostly) and the Trailblazer no longer hogging some parts all I need to do is rig up some power/lights at my workbench - which I have all the parts necessary to do - and we're off full blast on my retrofit for the Silverado.

Think I can get it done before the Midwest Meet in July? :undecided:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Well now with the garage and basement cleaned out (mostly) and the Trailblazer no longer hogging some parts all I need to do is rig up some power/lights at my workbench - which I have all the parts necessary to do - and we're off full blast on my retrofit for the Silverado.

Think I can get it done before the Midwest Meet in July? :undecided:
Anything is possible... especially with a few ice cold beverages... maybe of the adult variety maybe not..

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got faith you can get r dun

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramzo358

Members Online