steering play

fredhouse

Original poster
Apr 17, 2012
I have a 2003 chevy suburban z71 with some steering play.I replaced the intermediate steering shaft and it got much better but not as tight as i would like. I would like to replace the lower steering shaft but i cant find a part number for it or where to get the part. Are there other things i can do to tighten up the steering. Thanks for the help.

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
Have you checked your inner and outer tie rod to see if it has any play? My envoy had a ton of play in the wheel and you could hear it clunking if it was on the ground and you moved it side to side and you would see that the wheels would not budge until I put a ton of strength in jerking the wheel while the truck was off. I jacked up the front end and the outer tie rods were shot on both sides and I had about 1/4" of play in the tire but it didn't wobble at all while driving. It only would once in awhile wander on the road slightly.

fredhouse

Original poster
Apr 17, 2012
Everything was tight when i had it on the lift except the steering shaft and i replaced the upper shaft. When you drive it drives straight.It just has about 1/4" of play side to side before it catches.I cant figure out why i cant find the lower shaft unless its called something else.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online