Spindle lift question

Irishboy02

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
I have 3" torsion keys up front, 2" lift blocks out back. My front keys are cranked as much as possible but i want a little bit more, im not quite level and occasionally rub the slightest depending on the angle. I came across Rough Country 3" spindles set for my truck but as the 2wd version. Looking at the setup, it looks like it would bolt up for me just fine. Now my z71 has torsion bars (obviously) so thats why i am able to have the lift i have right now. The 2wd have front coil springs, having the need for spindles to obtain lift for them. In the instructions everything seems as though it would bolt up the same with no problem for me. I havnt crawled under there to look, since its 1am here and i just came across them. Most of the larger lift kits also come with new spindles. Now, would i be able to install this spindle on my truck, along with my torsion keys now? Everything else is factory. If possible i figure this would be able to allow me keep the lift, obtain a little bit more lift and crank my keys down a little bit since they are currently maxed out.

Talk to me

riveradoz71

Sep 8, 2013
Irishboy02 said:
I have 3" torsion keys up front, 2" lift blocks out back. My front keys are cranked as much as possible but i want a little bit more, im not quite level and occasionally rub the slightest depending on the angle. I came across Rough Country 3" spindles set for my truck but as the 2wd version. Looking at the setup, it looks like it would bolt up for me just fine. Now my z71 has torsion bars (obviously) so thats why i am able to have the lift i have right now. The 2wd have front coil springs, having the need for spindles to obtain lift for them. In the instructions everything seems as though it would bolt up the same with no problem for me. I havnt crawled under there to look, since its 1am here and i just came across them. Most of the larger lift kits also come with new spindles. Now, would i be able to install this spindle on my truck, along with my torsion keys now? Everything else is factory. If possible i figure this would be able to allow me keep the lift, obtain a little bit more lift and crank my keys down a little bit since they are currently maxed out.

Talk to me

Spindles are designed for 2wds. They relocate the hub center down at the lower ballpoint mounting point to achieve the lift. So if you we're to use them you would be replacing cv axles every week!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher