FEEDBACK Spell-check?

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
I vote for installing a spell check on the forum, makes it easier for me to write proper English so you understand what I'm saying hahaha ;-)

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
If you use Google Chrome, that has an automatic spell check. Incorrectly spelled words will be underlined in red.

You can also copy and paste your response into Microsoft Office and then run spell check prior to submitting.

A lot of people use crapatalk, which we have spell check/auto correct on our smart phones.

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Gonna try the Google Chrome, see if it works. Crapatalk I have on my smartphone, thanks

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Can confirm, Google Chrome underlines misspellings. MS Office also usually underlines (in green) sentences which appear to be incomplete or have grammatical errors.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Firefox also does the red underlines for misspellings as well.

Reactions: Matt and djthumper

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Ok so I'm typing this in chrome and get a lot of red underlining. Where is the misspelling??

Attachments

• spellcheck gmtn.jpg
    spellcheck gmtn.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Eric04

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Ok so I'm typing this in IE and get a lot of red underlining. Where is the misspelling??

Attachments

• spellcheck IE gmtn.jpg
    spellcheck IE gmtn.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Eric04

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I can understand you.

Reactions: Matt and Eric04

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
I don't think you'll find too many pedants here. Your posts are fine anyway.
Yeah I know but I already had one picking on my Spelling and I'm trying not to give any more fuel to that fire if you know what I mean

You may have to set the language to American English.
Yeah that would be a perfect solution but with the change of language it also Changes the keyboard layout *sigh* at least in IE.

I'll check if chrome dos the same.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Here's a Chrome Support page on how to use the spell-check (accessing, changing languages, setting up multi-language support). As it's done in-browser, it shouldn't alter your keyboard layout.

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Ok lets try it, and it seams to work in chrome YEEEAAAAAHHHH

So if I type the same in Swedish I should get a lot of red underlining, right?

Ok då provar vi, och det fungerar i chrome. En massa röda understrukningar nu hahahaha

Thanks a million IllogicTC

Reactions: Eric04 and Mounce

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Na na na na na I got a spell check haha I got a spell check :wooot: :wooot: :wooot:

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
ddgm said:
seams should be seems. Isn't English wonderful? :smile:
Thanks, I need to know stuff like that so I can spell correct next time. I'm kind of a perfectionist so I need to do things 100% to be satisfied with myself.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
....spell correctly next...

Not a spelling issue, but grammatical. Figured a perfectionist would like to know.

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
HARDTRAILZ said:
....spell correctly next...

Not a spelling issue, but grammatical. Figured a perfectionist would like to know.
The grammatical issue is to hard for me to learn on a TB forum hahahaha, I'm happy as long as I can get the words spelled right. It's been just over 10 years sense I spoke and wrote English fluently, when I moved back home in 2004 I was thinking in English and had to translate in my head to Swedish. Man that was a tuff time.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
since - not sense

technically tuff is slang and tough would be correct spelling

You do pretty well honestly. Pat yourself on the back and have a beer!

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
HARDTRAILZ said:
since - not sense

technically tuff is slang and tough would be correct spelling

You do pretty well honestly. Pat yourself on the back and have a beer!
Well I always felt that I spelled since wrong but never bother to check, lazy bum (spelling).
Thanks for those kind words and I'm out of beer :-(

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Let see how this works, I guess I now have spellcheck in IE too with a Swedish keyboard layout. I found out that my IE browser is faster then goggle chrome browser.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online