Spacers for OEM rims

KilluminatiDre

Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
So pretty much I want to run 265/65/17 on the OEM 17s which is roughly 30.56'', I understand this is right at the limit for stock height and I will have a 3'' front and 2'' rear lift. My question is are there any spacers that are fairly thin that could push the OEM 17's out just alittle bit? Most I see range from 1.25'' to 2''. I see some that are like shims but I don't know how reliable they are compared to the hubcentric. I just want to avoid having the tires stick too far from the fender if possible.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That's the tire size I'm running, I had enough clearance with the UBJ to get a fingertip between them when brand new. Are you planning to go with larger tires down the road and will need the extra clearance?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have 1.5" spacers on my stock wheels and while that does poke the tires out from the fenders a bit it isn't a huge amount. I do have 32" tires, but I would think that 30.5 wouldn't look odd either.

But if you're running a lift is there a reason you want to stick with that size tire?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I used to run some 3/8 thick aluminum spacers on my Transam to set it a bit wider and had no issues. They are cheap plates. I think i got em through summit. Still had plenty of thread engagement between studs n lugs.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
whatever route you'd go, i'd recommend getting them machined hub centric on both sides. would not trust a truck putting all the weight on the lugs, our trucks weren't designed to handle that.

i've got 1.5" spacers on the rear and my tires are pretty much flush with the top of the wheel well, but they are 305/45R18s so YMMV

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I advise everyone not to waste money on wheel centric....hub yes but if you change wheels it can be a detriment and I have had zero issues in 5 years of beating big heavy tires around the woods n roads. Others swear wheel centric is needed. Do your own research and buy educated if you to to full bolt on spacers. Your post shows you font need em though.

The thin spacers you are asking about are neither but they are different since they still have you using original lugs for mounting.

KilluminatiDre

Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm doing the lift primarily for the huge amounts of snow we get in the winter. We have very long snowy winters, last year got 27'' last winter in one night. I didn't have my TB back then, but bottoming out on the snow cause most people to get stuck. That tire size in particular I feel I have a good selection of dedicated snow tires that won't look too small at the same time. I don't plan on offroading so I most likely wone go any bigger than this in the future. Sounds like the spacers like HARDTRAILZ used will be good for me.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I advise everyone not to waste money on wheel centric....
i was quoted $75 for two 1" spacers hubcentric only on the inside, and $90 for 1.5" spacers hubcentric on both sides... i'll splurge for the safer ones.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
People buy unneeded additions all the time :wink:.
Although that price difference is likely only the extra material.

The cost I reference is that I would have needed a dozen spacers to be wheel centric to the multitude of rims I have ran on my truck

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher