SOLVED-Rear L.C.A's

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
So, I'm kinda stumped. Lowered 07 LS. 2/4. Both of my rear lower control arms were making terrible noise. Finally replaced them today. Pretty straightforward wasn't too bad. Now onto the bad. Everything I replaced is tightend (checked twice) and the nasty road noise is gone. However, when I take off from stop to WOT, there is a nasty (pop) coming from what I'm almost positive is the passenger rear. Also happens while putting significant strain to the right rear. None of these symptoms were here until I replaced the LCA's with MOOG replacements. I even checked the rear shocks and tried torquing them just for shits and giggles. Pan hard bar, end links etc... Are all still in good shape. She only has 80k miles on her. Basically just trying to ask did I receive a defective LCA? Or did I do something wrong. Puzzled as hell

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
When you torqued everything, did you do it while in the air or while the suspension was at rest height on the ground?

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Half hour ago I went out with my torque wrench (while the truck was on the ground) and torqued all 4 bolts to 74 lb.ft. Took it for a test drive and it seems ok. I'll shoot back tonight after some drive time and let you guys know if it stopped.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Not much to be bad on those arms. Either they are broken or they aren't, or the bushings are torn or they aren't. Easy to tell by looking at them.

Check the uppers. Those sometimes break when they rust and get a bit weak as they are just a U channel piece of steel basically. I've replaced both of my uppers but my lowers have been fine.

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Well I don't know if I had them over torqued or undertorqued the first time I drove it ( I didn't use a torque wrench first try) but after loosening the bolts, and torquing them to the said 74 lb.ft. Everything seems nice and quiet and no popping noises.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
It's possible they were torqued with some strain on the bushings and they wiggled a bit and made the popping noise, then redoing it allowed them to rest in the proper position. Glad you got it fixed.:thumbsup:

Reactions: 07TrailyLS

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online