So is my engine toast?

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
Loosing all power and Key stuck in ignition: I actually have had this issue. When I go to turn on it looses power and keeps the key. If I jiggle the positive battery cable it always comes back. I just replaced my battery and alternator(went bad). So try that next time(jiggle battery cables), don't over think it, usually is very low level issues.

Stalling: I have had stalling issues only if I am turning wheel while going from reverse to drive and don't give enough gas.

Well, I changed steering pump to no help, but had to replace alternator 2 days ago and the stalling has seem to stop. I am guessing the pulley on the old alternator was seizing a bit. Belt use to be bouncy, but now smooth as butter!!!

I'm not losing power and I changed out he Ignition switch that didn't need to be changed out, that's the problem with the stall issue you start changing out parts that really don't need to be changed out, a member stated he had the same issues and changed out his charcoal canister and it solved it, at $140 I'll wait for and deal with it. My stall issue has turned into a "it wants to stall but doesn't" as it would stall before.

Big B Jantzen

Aug 9, 2016
Enid, OK
I'm not losing power and I changed out he Ignition switch that didn't need to be changed out, that's the problem with the stall issue you start changing out parts that really don't need to be changed out, a member stated he had the same issues and changed out his charcoal canister and it solved it, at $140 I'll wait for and deal with it. My stall issue has turned into a "it wants to stall but doesn't" as it would stall before.

Oh OK, sorry man. Hope you get it worked out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online