Site Upgrades and Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
A few members have pointed out recently that some of our services and resources have been failing. Most of these issues are happening because of a lack of support from the people and companies that created the software that we use. In most cases these companies have completely folded or are just no longer supporting the platform that we are using. This is to be expected. Most software becomes unusable as it ages and a newer version takes its place. We have reached a point that Jman can no longer keep us running at the level we are accustomed to.

To fix these issues we have decided to make changes that will keep us running smoothly for many years to come. In the next few weeks we will be testing and building/rebuilding new platforms with new and improved features. We have begun testing some of these things behind the scenes. Currently our Moderators are helping us evaluate some of the features of the new software. We will eventually ask for some other members to help us evaluate the software. We are not quite there yet, but we hope to be in a couple weeks.

We have always found that changes can be difficult. We will work hard to make sure this transition goes smoothly. We will also do our best to keep you aware of what we are doing and when we plan to do it. If at any time the site is unavailable, please check our Facebook page for updates.

Ghoster

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Ghoster said:
We have always found that changes can be difficult.

Ghoster

Oh don't ever change Ghoster. We love you the way you are.

Glad to hear of the updates. Hope it all goes smoothly. (or atleast as smooth as software tends to go.)

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I just noticed that Tapatalk users aren't seeing the banner announcement that jman put at the top of all forums. So I'll repeat it here:

We've begun making preparations for the maintenance that will be taking place tomorrow morning. In the event that find a broken link or find some other type of problem, please start a thread in the support area and we'll address it as soon as we can.

Tapatalk users may notice a delay once the site is reopened tomorrow, but we'll restore the service as soon as other, higher priority issues are addressed.

For anybody really, really needing a GMTN fix on Saturday before the site returns, the Facebook page will be staffed with the usual motley crew.

See ya on the other side!

View attachment 34328

Attachments

• 48727564.jpg
    48727564.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 10

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
Son of a bitch, playsinsnow and I are working on his trailblazer tomorrow. If we need to reference online resources, we're gonna to have to rely on.... TRAILVOY!!!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Books, eh? This is what I'm reading at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_20140418_202327_448.jpg
    IMG_20140418_202327_448.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 15

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I take a little vacation and you go and completely change things!!! It looks good.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
It does look good. .. but every time i type in www.gmtnation.com... it goes to the home page but from there It does nothing. I have to keep going back to Facebook and find a link roadie posted to get on. Sucks!

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
jrSS said:
It does look good. .. but every time i type in www.gmtnation.com... it goes to the home page but from there It does nothing. I have to keep going back to Facebook and find a link roadie posted to get on. Sucks!
That's what its supposed to do, there is a big button in the menu at the top of that page that brings you to the forums.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
We're extremely sorry, but all the URL links you might have had as bookmarks also changed. To the forums, to threads, and individual posts with good data in them. Just so everybody knows before they get flummoxed by broken links elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online