Should I replace all my brakes

Discussion in 'Brakes' started by kdannyk, May 7, 2016.

1. kdannyk

kdannyk Well-Known Member

I have a 2005 Trailer Blazer LT with 4.6 liter engine. I notice aloud squeaking coming from my front passenger tire couple of weeks ago. I just had the chance to take a look at it and saw that my inside brake pad needs to get replace. I also notice on the inside rotor there's a divot taken out of the rotor. I checked all the other brakes pads on all four wheels and there seems to me there's a lot of life left in them(About quarter of the pad is left. Not sure if it's ok to buy a new rotor and brakes for just the front passenger side wheel. I Have some pic of the worn brake pad and what the rest of the other brake pads look like but i'm unable to upload them for some reason. Get a message that file is to big for server.

2. Blckshdw

Blckshdw Moderator

If you've confirmed that one corner is wearing considerably faster than the other 3, I think you'd want to start troubleshooting a sticking caliper, cuz if that problem isn't resolved, you'll end up with the exact same uneven wear down the road. :twocents:

Mooseman, Matt and Trkdrvremt like this.
  3. kdannyk

kdannyk Well-Known Member

how would you trouble shoot a sticky caliber?

4. Matt

Matt Silver Supporter

Mooseman likes this.
  5. RTTBLT1

RTTBLT1 Well-Known Member

I agree, sounds like a defective caliper.

(Not sure if it's ok to buy a new rotor and brakes for just the front passenger side wheel. [/QUOTE)

Also, fyi you always want to replace Brake components in pairs. Never replace just one side of the Brake Pads, Rotors or Calipers.

Many other parts/components i also change/replace in pairs are Tires, Wiper Blades, Exterior Light Bulbs, Wheel Bearing. Just to name a few, just a tip.

linneje, Matt, Mooseman and 2 others like this.