"Service Air Bag" warning message

marchi1

Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
So while working on my 9-7 today I thought I heard a noise. Get everything all put back together and the "service rear air bag" is no showing on the dash. Went out back and check everything and it seems okay, the compressor doesn't seem to run any longer then before, but the notice won't go away.

Just got the truck two weeks ago as a ride for the wife. I admit while nt a truck guy it is pretty nice. Just trying to figure this out for a while and then maybe start paying it it.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
There are no lighting up dash sensors on air bags. Only sensors for the air bags are the blue arms looking in the wheel well. We are talking suspension. ..right?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Can you take a picture of the gauge cluster with that indicator? There's a tiny chance the Saab is different. On all the other vehicles that use the suspension air bag system, the control module in the compressor doesn't communicate on the main data bus, so there's no way for the gauge cluster to know if there's a fault. The only way the compressor has to communicate with the outside world is by flashing a LED in the right rear cargo compartment that may also contain (but it's been shown recently that some vehicles were made without them) a valve fitting and hose to inflate beach toys and a tire.

marchi1

Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
Got one right now....this is what I see. Every time I start the truck the compressor runs for a bit, nit long and shuts off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 6

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Your problem is not the suspension air bags, it's the SRS passenger safety airbag system that needs to be professionally diagnosed by somebody with an adequate high-end scan tool.

This should be explained in the Owner's Manual.

View attachment 31251

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 36

marchi1

Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
Nope I am an idiot. I removed the drivers seat to cobat the wet carpet issue and have been moving it around. The car is looking for the airbag, that was missing, but has now returned........

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
marchi1 said:
Nope I am an idiot. I removed the drivers seat to cobat the wet carpet issue and have been moving it around. The car is looking for the airbag, that was missing, but has now returned........

Your not an idiot....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsen

Members Online