scangauge2

nbenjamin

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
anyone know if there is much of a difference and what the difference is in vers3.0 and 4.0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
nbenjamin said:
anyone know if there is much of a difference
Between what and what? Scangauge and Scangauge2? Yeah. Don't buy a Scangauge that isn't a "2". Who's selling them? [/QUOTE] and what the difference is in vers3.0 and 4.0[/QUOTE]Why would you buy anything less than the current firmware 4.02? Upgrade : Linear Logic - Home of the ScanGauge

deepblue

Dec 5, 2011
I don't mean to hijack your thread but I'm trying to decide between a Scangauge and a Aeroforce, any thoughts on pro's or con's ?

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Ther interceptor can do a bit more then the scangauge. So if being able to do a case relearn your self is something you value, then get that. If not just get the scanguage

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
Scanguage will connect to multiple networks. In your case with the 08, CAN. In my case with the 03, VPW. The Aeroforce gauge is specific to one network so if you want to move to an older vehicle with something other than CAN it won't work.
The scanguage can display 4 parameters, Aeroforce displays 2 however it can be programmed to cycle thru 4 (I think) displaying each a programmed time interval.
The form factor for the scanguage, being retanglular, takes more effort to mount.
Programming the scanguage for some of the non-standard parameters takes a little effort. Aeroforce is takes no programming per se. Just select what you want and if it can read it you are good to go. This isn't a big issue. Once you program a few of the scanguage parameters it isn't hard.
I have one of each. I never could find a combination to read transmission temperature in the wife's SRX with the scanguage. I had to send back the Aeroforce unit even to get it to work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online