Rpm flutter between 50-70mph

Boostking

Original poster
Mar 10, 2015
I have an 06 trailblazer ls 4.2RWD with 116000. I bout if a cpl weeks ago everything was fine for the first couple day. It started an RPM flutter/surge between 50mph-70mph. The RPM were fluttering up and down by about 500. If I got into the gas it when away and if I let out it went away. Only seems to do it on slow acceleration. Things I have done (new plugs acdelco, cleaned TB, ran seafoam threw the fuel, check trans fluid cherry red and smelled fine,oil fresh as well,new mass air flow) yes I reset the pcm after all was changed and cleaned. The other morning I backed out of the drive and went to drive and it stalled and died fired right back up and was fine for the rest of the day. Still had the stutter/flutter/surge which ever you want to call it. Everything I have read is point to the torque converter and that this will fix the problem. Does this sound right to you guys http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1166b953 . I have been told it could be a faulty injector,clogged cat. But as I stated everything I'm reading on here is pointing me towards the TC

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
:iagree:

I used this kit, it includes that Transgo kit to fix the TCC, but that Transgo kit by itself doesn't include new separator plate seals and some of those odds and ends. This kit includes everything you need except the trans fluid and new filter, along with a few other upgrades that are a "might as well" while you're in there, depending on your level of comfort doing the install. It isn't overly hard, just a number of parts that need to be kept track of and installed in order.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4L60E-4L65E-1996-2006-1870-P1870-Code-Buster-Combo-Kit-Corvette-Servo-Kit-Book-/270874884435?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1166b953&vxp=mtr

Boostking

Original poster
Mar 10, 2015
Yea that is the kit I bought. I haven't really done much work to tranny so Im not 100% about doing it myself but I have been doing a lot of reading and research about doing it. So I'm debating on rather doing it or taking it to a shop. It's our only vehicle so I don't wanna mess it up worst that it is lol but I am pretty comfortable with my skills. I figured if I follow the instruction word for word I think I'd be good

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vulcantoolman

Members Online